Notifications
Clear all

Please advice- boxcar,rolling scars-done 2x fractional co2 without success

MemberMember
(@bgzoik)

Posted : 01/03/2016 7:42 am

Hi guys

I would need your help choosing a plan for my situation.

I've already done 2 procedures of ractional co2 laser without any success. Unfortunately I haven't taken pictures before the procedures, but I assure very minimal improvement could have been noticed(5% perhaps). First procedure of fractional co2 laser was 40 days ago and the last one 10 days ago.

I've attached some pictures made today(current situation).

Could you please tell me what should I do now ? It also seems the laser brought me 2-3 pimples (I've managed to keep the acne under almost 100% control -with occasional sits appearing based on dairy eating,sweets,etc) .

Do I have also ice picks ?

Do you thin I should move on to traditional CO2 laser ? I can afford more recovery time.

Thanks !

Right side :

DSCN0034-dr.JPG

DSCN0042dr.JPG

DSCN0032-dr.jpg

DSCN0033-dr.JPG

Left Side:

DSCN0029-st.JPG

DSCN0030-st.JPG

DSCN0040st.JPG

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/03/2016 8:54 am

Looks like these would be suitable for subcision. They're very minor so I believe you will see good results.

Read this study: http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

MemberMember
(@davster)

Posted : 01/03/2016 9:14 am

I think they are indeed atrophic scars with tethering. So it seems that subcission and focal follicular filling with HA fillers would be the choice. CO2 laser is a good overall treatment, but targeted approaches are the best. Remember its the method, not machine that gives the best outcome.

Best

Davin Lim

MemberMember
(@bgzoik)

Posted : 01/03/2016 1:19 pm

Thank you FC,dav.

I  also think subcision represents a good approach in targeting these scars, but unfortunately as I've read this procedure depends heavily on surgeon's skills and being located in East Europe, I don't know if those from here are skilled enough to perform well this procedure, that's why I wanted to know if a full traditional CO2 laser would give a good outcome in this scenario. but If you think that only subcision would give results in my case then I'll take a risk in contacting a local doctor and present him my situation . Hopefully ,he/she will be skilled enough not to mess my face more :)

If I go towards full ablative co2 , I also plan on using some growth factors to help collagen remodeling ( topical insulin and maybe topical bFGF and topical GH -  those seem to help with scarless healing).

Let me know what you think !