Notifications
Clear all

How bad are these scars? *severity?*

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/08/2015 11:11 pm

Was wondering how bad my scars are and what treatments might be best for these types of scars.

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@jessedog)

Posted : 12/09/2015 2:04 pm

It is just a good skin,no real problems to see.

Maybe u can improve to avoid sugars and processed food.

Greet

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 12/09/2015 2:56 pm

They are ice pick scars and a bunch of boxcar. TCA cross will help with these scars. They're mild in severity so don't worry

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/10/2015 12:32 am

Thank you, makes me feel a lot better

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/10/2015 1:21 am

What scars? Really, this is perfect skin.

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:07 pm

19 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

What scars? Really, this is perfect skin.

Thank youfor your kind words.

I wish I could believe it was perfect myself.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/14/2015 9:56 pm

I'm going to talk to a dermatologist, but do you guys think that this scarring can be fixed and I can have smooth skin one day?

Here's another photo in harsher lighting:

IMG_5786.thumb.JPG.352d0c4fe9fa04f661800

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:51 pm

What do you guys think? Possible to get smooth skin one day? How long do you think it'd take if so?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/16/2015 9:57 am

Skin looks good bro, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Are you on accutane? Your chapped lips make me think so. As for having smooth skin again, definitely. Your scars aren't severe at all, they're more mild. As I said, I wouldn't even care about them.

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:26 pm

4 hours ago, Antonthegreat said:

Skin looks good bro, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Are you on accutane? Your chapped lips make me think so. As for having smooth skin again, definitely. Your scars aren't severe at all, they're more mild. As I said, I wouldn't even care about them.

Thank you. Everyone says it doesn't look very bad but in my opinion it's all I really notice about myself.

Anyways, thanks for your opinion and yes I was on accutane I'm just got off about a week ago.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 12/16/2015 4:02 pm

1 hour ago, fazix said:

Thank you. Everyone says it doesn't look very bad but in my opinion it's all I really notice about myself.

Anyways, thanks for your opinion and yes I was on accutane I'm just got off about a week ago.

Time will heal those scars, nothing to worry about. Can you share with us more about your accutane course? How old are you, did you experience any side effects, and how fast did it help you? I will really appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/17/2015 12:22 am

8 hours ago, fuliosaqua said:

Time will heal those scars, nothing to worry about. Can you share with us more about your accutane course? How old are you, did you experience any side effects, and how fast did it help you? I will really appreciate it.

I sure hope time will, but I'm still going to talk to my dermatologist about doing some treatment on them.

Overall my accutanetreatment went pretty well. I'm 18 now and I didaccutane for about 7 months to treat my moderate to severe acne which were mainly on cheeks.My main side effectwasdry skin and very chapped lips. I also had some minor back pain starting after the 1st month or so but it was pretty mild.

I would say that I saw the pretty dramatic results (about 50% clearer) after 2.5months or so. Unfortunately, even though I did not pick or pop at my skin, I still got some scarring,which I'm now really working on fixing. I think if you're going to try it you should definitely think about all the side effects first and decide if its right for you personally. It worked for me but may not work for everyone else.

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 12/17/2015 1:01 am

Here's one last photo, I would say this is my skin in the worst lighting: IMG_5910.thumb.JPG.f98db666122468a2fca2a

Please tell me your opinion:|

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/17/2015 4:08 am

3 hours ago, fazix said:

Here's one last photo, I would say this is my skin in the worst lighting: IMG_5910.thumb.JPG.f98db666122468a2fca2a

Please tell me your opinion:|

still looks fine dude.

Btw, did you have an initial breakout on accutane? 

MemberMember
(@user504102)

Posted : 12/25/2015 9:12 pm

I would eat a bowl of cockroaches alive to have your skin

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 12/25/2015 10:29 pm

I think you're skin looks good. I bet half of those will heal on their own. It takes about a year for skin to heal completely. I've had scars like that (like the small ones) that eventually healed on their own.

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/26/2015 1:09 pm

not bad i will say nobody's gonna look at u holding a light above ur head ..but u can try laser or rf-needling if u want to ... consult a good derm ..

and yes of these scars are new like 1-2 months or less many of them will heal themselves .. try doing some exercise so that ur face sweats ..

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 01/01/2016 8:27 pm

Thanks for all your comments. I was really feeling depressed today after breaking out after being clear for so long, so I decided to log onto here.I feel like I'm starting to obsess over my skin and its practically all i can think about throughout the day.

Thankfully, hearing these opinions really puts my situation into perspective and I realize I shouldn't be so upset.

Thank you everyone, and hopefully I'll come back in a year or two provide an update on my skin.