Notifications
Clear all

Had Fraxal One Hour Ago - Urgent Advice Please?

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/24/2015 10:41 am

I just had Laser Resurfacing done, I believe it was Fractionated but they said it wasn't the Fraxel Brand.... ?

So, the only aftercare they have gave me is an ointment called Polyfax, and to apply that morning and for the first 4 days. They didn't really mention much about the washing part, apart from that I should just use a none perfumed soap, but I forgot to ask how many times I should do this? He didn't mention anything about vinegar soaks, and soap washing.

My face is bleeding at the moment, and very sore so I wouldn't feel that anytime today would be ideal to try and wash it?

Can I please have some advise ASAP incase there is anything else I need to know.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 09/24/2015 11:56 am

First things first, you have to relax. I would hope that the doctor gave you something like Xanax to calm your nerves. If he did not then go onto the internet and Google Guided Meditation, and follow the instructions. You want to calm your mind and concentrate on deep breathing. Even right now just close your eyes and take slow deep breaths, and see how it calms you. Do not think of anything except your breath. If people learned meditation they wouldn't need weed. I won't begin to comment on Polyfax, but will assume the doctor knows best. I looked Polyfax up and it is indicated for the type of procedure you had. I can't believe the vinegar/distilled water washes could be anything but helpful. When I say wash that means you just dab it on with sterile swabs - NEVER SCRUB!!! You will find this very soothing - kind of messy - but very soothing. I wish you had asked more questions of the doctor about your postcare, and that is why I tried to prep you. I would call their office back and ask them about what I am telling you, and also about icepacks. The bleeding is normal, and in a few days when it washes off you will see it was nothing, but it can look scary at first.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/24/2015 1:32 pm

First things first, you have to relax. I would hope that the doctor gave you something like Xanax to calm your nerves. If he did not then go onto the internet and Google Guided Meditation, and follow the instructions. You want to calm your mind and concentrate on deep breathing. Even right now just close your eyes and take slow deep breaths, and see how it calms you. Do not think of anything except your breath. If people learned meditation they wouldn't need weed. I won't begin to comment on Polyfax, but will assume the doctor knows best. I looked Polyfax up and it is indicated for the type of procedure you had. I can't believe the vinegar/distilled water washes could be anything but helpful. When I say wash that means you just dab it on with sterile swabs - NEVER SCRUB!!! You will find this very soothing - kind of messy - but very soothing. I wish you had asked more questions of the doctor about your postcare, and that is why I tried to prep you. I would call their office back and ask them about what I am telling you, and also about icepacks. The bleeding is normal, and in a few days when it washes off you will see it was nothing, but it can look scary at first.

Hi Dudlley.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

My nerves and pain is ok to be honest, all I feel now (4 hours after treatment), is a little stinging, like a severe sun burn.

I tried to ask as many question as possible, but for washing he just said use a none perfumed soap. I didn't ask if I should wash tonight though, that is my main question. My face is VERY tender to touch and I just don't feel its wise to even dab anything on it as you suggested, but maybe I just worrying too much.

So I may do your Vinegar soak you suggested, Is distilled MALT vinegar ok it doesn't mention anything about it being WHITE though? (this one: https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Sarsons-Distilled-Vinegar/212510011 )

If I was to use to vinegar, would solution did you use, I only have vinegar, distilled water, and a face flannel. (I can't leave the house).

Again, my main question is, is when should I wash my face? Tonight or tomorrow....

Btw, I will be posting photos for anyone who is interested within the next few hours of how it looks so far, so in return, it can be a way of anyone seeing if anything so far looks unusual :).

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 09/24/2015 2:43 pm

I had no choice but to use the solution because I was using Aquaphor, and I reapplied that about every 3 hours. DO NOT use a washcloth!! You are doing nothing more than rinsing. I believe I used 10% vinegar.

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/24/2015 3:33 pm

Deleted

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 09/25/2015 3:28 am

Deleted.