Notifications
Clear all

Skin Damage On Face

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/16/2015 3:43 pm

For some reason half of my face breaks out more than the other.. The half the had more breakouts is leathery looking, red and irritated constantly(especially after washing) and also has lots of scarring and discoloration.. I love the one half of my face.. But the other side is horrible.. Why is my face like this on just one side? What face washes are gentle but will clear and prevent acne(cetaphil does not stop the break outs)... Would a peel be good? Any spot treatments or anything?

post-478786-0-18308700-1437079258_thumb.

post-478786-0-12538700-1437079335_thumb.

post-478786-0-16583500-1437079350_thumb.

post-478786-0-52858200-1437079374_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 07/16/2015 4:58 pm

Your skin looks good though. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but I don't see the 'scarring' you speak of. I only see light-brown discolorations, possibly from sun damage. Just get an AHA lotion to fade them. If you're more daring, do a chemical peel.

https://store.acne.org/aha

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Hydrox-AHA-Enhanced-Lotion/dp/B000052YM7

Also, get yourself a good sunscreen if you're not already using one.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/18/2015 10:38 am

What's the point of posting multiple threads asking the same question, when a few people gave you some good suggestions? Are you just feigning this for compliments or trolling?

You know this is not bad. This is really immature attention seeking.

MemberMember
(@miloish)

Posted : 07/18/2015 3:35 pm

what is wrong with ur face? Seriously....

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/19/2015 10:40 am

There's the scars.. I know they are small but they are still there and my face looks gross..

post-478786-0-51191200-1437320419.jpg

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 07/20/2015 5:48 am

You should choose your words carefully; some people have it much worse and might take offense.

Peels could help (AHA/Glycolic/Sacylic) or TCA (much stronger) but be careful as you could exponentially end up with bigger problems. It doesn't look like you have many (if any) actual scars, just hyperpigmentation from previous acne that's still healing.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 07/20/2015 3:16 pm

Lots of scarring and discoloration? I think you need to put away the magnifying glass....I don't see anything, unless the camera just didn't pick it up well.

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/20/2015 8:37 pm

If it's not scarring then what are the dark holes all over my head.. And how can I fix them.. Also now appearing on my cheeks..post-478786-0-87532500-1437442618.jpg

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/21/2015 5:45 am

Thanks for the advice .. Are these holes in my cheeks pores or ice pick scars ? Anyway to shrink them back? Will the peels do anything for that ?

MemberMember
(@miloish)

Posted : 07/21/2015 9:38 am

acffx0 u have very nice skin. u should really look around and see what the rest of us are suffering.

please use some cream and forget about asking on this forum again, u really do not need to be here !! :) enjoy life!!

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/23/2015 10:50 am

Just because my acne isn't as bad as others doesn't mean it doesn't bother me.. It's not a site for just those with servere acne... And no I'm not seeking attention.. If I wanted attention and compliments I'd post a picture on Instagram, not a acne site., my acne and the scarring I do see bothers me and I came here for advice..

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/23/2015 8:41 pm

You HAVE received a lot of helpful suggestions, it's just that there isn't a problem to advise on. I'm being real with you. With your non-existent "acne scars" and "very damaged face" you'd put yourself in a worse position trying any of the methods that are actively discussed here. What do you what people to tell you? To go and do lasers? TCA Cross? Subcision? None of those things apply to someone who doesn't have visible scarring. End of story.

Light chemical peels, retin-a, AHA. Those have ALREADY been mentioned multiple times for your case.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 07/24/2015 8:51 am

I am going to be giving a few products by Osmosis Skincare a try. It is supposed to help with large pores, discloration, etc. I just ordered the stuff last night. I will let you know how it works for me!

DeLovely, Мyth and acffx0 liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/31/2015 10:50 am

Guys, please don't belittle the OP when she came here for skin advice. Thank you.

AcffxO...your skin looks similar to mine. I think your pores are a little enlarged and a few seem like they could border on scarred/icepick, but hard to tell, the pic isn't great. And I do see some sun spots/damage on your forehead. Do you have oily skin or a history of blackheads? You could try hemp oil supps. They have helped with oil control and have even helped tighten up my pores a little. Pick up a good moisturizer and use daily after showering to maintain soft, supple skin. And one with sun screen to prevent further sun damage.

Enlarged pores are annoying but they don't bother me. I'm happy to be done with acne treatments so it's not worth it to me to begin another course of harsh chemicals like peels, etc. for the sake of perfect skin. My skin will always have that orange peel look to it and no amount of treatments will give me gorgeous, velvety skin that I envy when I see it. (FYI, I'm wearing many layers of professionally applied makeup in my avatar photo! So don't be fooled!!) So I've just decided to be happy with what I have and count myself lucky that things aren't worse. But yeah, AHA is what I'd recommend if you want to try taking your skin to the next level. It gives you a mild chemical peel which sloughs the dead skin layers and will help any PIH fade and may even help fade the sun spots with time.

But overall I think you have very nice skin! :)

Your baby is adorable BTW! Great belly photo too!! xo -DeLovely

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 07/31/2015 1:44 pm

Thank you !! I currently started getting monthly facials and aha is a option I can add.. I will start doing that! Is mostly enough? And will a change of life style do anything to change my skin? (Exercise, healthy eating)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/31/2015 2:26 pm

Thank you !! I currently started getting monthly facials and aha is a option I can add.. I will start doing that! Is mostly enough? And will a change of life style do anything to change my skin? (Exercise, healthy eating)

Exercise, fresh air, a little sunshine, an extra helping or two of fruits and veggies, and plenty of water are all simple lifestyle changes that will not only help you feel better (and will help with baby weight loss!) but all have fabulous benefits for your skin! Make sure you're including protein in your diet...protein contains the building blocks for making new skin cells! If breakouts are an issue, some members have seen improvement when they avoid dairy and sugar. :)

MemberMember
(@1nov)

Posted : 08/01/2015 5:36 am

I think you have Melasma it will go after pregnancy so don't worry . just use sunscreen because sun light could make it worse .

MemberMember
(@acffx0)

Posted : 08/01/2015 6:30 am

I'm not pregnant anymore , I had my baby 5 months ago.. And right after pregnancy I went tanning and made it 100 times worse.. Can I still expect this fade and get my normal skin back..