Notifications
Clear all

Still Lumps Three Months After Subcision

MemberMember
(@wtrotzlav)

Posted : 05/17/2015 3:46 pm

So I had Subcision treatment on my forehead a little over 3 months ago.

The procedure went fine and there was some improvement however there are still two raised lumps (about 5 mm diameter, texture like skin, slightly redish) that I have since day one after the Subcision and they haven't gotten much better in those three months.

Did someone experience similar problems?

Will they go away on their own after a while or should I do something specific?

post-469165-0-47595400-1431895552.jpg

Thanks

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/18/2015 4:52 pm

I have 3 but they are hardly noticeable and they keep going down. I would personally just leave them or do some microneedling over them. They will go away eventually. If they really bother you, you could look into a kenelog injection but I wouldn't risk it. Things can go horribly wrong if an inexperienced physician does it.

Good luck

Subcision is best

MemberMember
(@wtrotzlav)

Posted : 05/19/2015 5:27 pm

I have 3 but they are hardly noticeable and they keep going down. I would personally just leave them or do some microneedling over them. They will go away eventually. If they really bother you, you could look into a kenelog injection but I wouldn't risk it. Things can go horribly wrong if an inexperienced physician does it.

So how many months ago did you have your subcision?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/19/2015 6:39 pm

Almost 2 months. They are not noticeable at all though, maybe just the one on my temple but that's it.

MemberMember
(@wtrotzlav)

Posted : 05/20/2015 12:50 pm

Ok so I'll just keep waiting till my next Subcision apointment which is in July.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/20/2015 6:34 pm

You'll be fine. Make sure you incorporate suctioning for best improvement. It does miracles.

MemberMember
(@wtrotzlav)

Posted : 05/22/2015 8:32 am

You'll be fine. Make sure you incorporate suctioning for best improvement. It does miracles.

Yep I've read about that already.

Could you tell me how exactly you did it - Just one day after the Subcision?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/23/2015 8:22 am

Yep I've read about that already.

Could you tell me how exactly you did it - Just one day after the Subcision?

I blogged it

and here's the study: one & two

MemberMember
(@wtrotzlav)

Posted : 02/20/2016 5:22 pm

Well I got to bump this.

They are still there after a year. I even tried 1x Kenalog injection and it didn't help.
Didn't have any other Subcision in the meantime.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/25/2016 2:31 am

On 20/02/2016 at 6:22 AM, wtrotzlav said:

Well I got to bump this.

They are still there after a year. I even tried 1x Kenalog injection and it didn't help.

I think some things are meant to be permanent. Like they say, life is phucking unfair. Acne sucks big time.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 02/26/2016 1:35 am

On 20/02/2016 at 10:22 PM, wtrotzlav said:

Well I got to bump this.

This is a less common side effect of subcision, and it sucks. But you've now got nodules of scar tissue under your skin, and they will need to be excised (Cut out surgically) contact a plastic surgeon for this, NOT a dermatologist.