Notifications
Clear all

Picosure Laser For My Scars? (With Pictures)

MemberMember
(@zugzwang)

Posted : 02/11/2015 2:53 pm

Hello friends,

I have three main questions here:

1. Has anybody else had Picosure laser treatments for their scars? If so, what was your experience with it?

2. What is the best treatment option for my kind of scarring? I'm unsure as to what type/ how severe it is, so any input is welcomed.

3. Should I try dermarolling before attempting any kind of laser/surgical treatment? I've heard stories describing how amazing it is, but also ones claiming it does nothing/makes the skin even worse.

I've attached some pictures that will hopefully help.

Ciao

post-428711-0-09418300-1423684418.jpg

post-428711-0-56722400-1423684419.jpg

post-428711-0-90847300-1423684420.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/11/2015 4:06 pm

not familiar with the pico sure laser - seems like you have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation and a lot of shallow scars - a couple on your cheeks could use subscision

if it's a fraxel laser then it's worth a shot, you'll need a few treatments

overall moderate, I've seen worse- what has the doctor told you you need?

MemberMember
(@zugzwang)

Posted : 02/11/2015 4:52 pm

not familiar with the pico sure laser - seems like you have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation and a lot of shallow scars - a couple on your cheeks could use subscision

if it's a fraxel laser then it's worth a shot, you'll need a few treatments

overall moderate, I've seen worse- what has the doctor told you you need?

My derm said a while ago (while I still had a lot of active acne) that fraxel was the only option. That being said, I'm not particularly trusting of her (for a variety of reasons) and there are clearly other options. Picosure is a non-ablative laser, but its a thousand times faster (one picosecond vs one nanosecond) and as a result they can use a more powerful beam and minimize downtime. Supposedly much more effective than fraxel, but I haven't heard of anyone on the board who has done it.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/11/2015 9:30 pm

I suggest tackling the hyperpigmentation first with Vbeam PDL or IPL lasers 2-4 should really improve your it/skin tone. Then have subcision done, or if money is a problem, @ home microneedling. Or both

You really need to do your homework and find a highly experienced dermatologist that suites your needs if you're going the surgical/laser route.

I personally have never heard about picosure. What did she quote you for Picosure and how many sessions did she recommend?

Btw you have moderate rolling scars with possibly some boxcar scars (defined edges) on your temples although they look more like rolling...

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/13/2015 4:12 am

u need to get ur acne under control before doing treatments. Find a derm that will give u accutane. Then after six months go for subcision + dermapen + radio frequency.

MemberMember
(@zugzwang)

Posted : 02/13/2015 8:10 pm

u need to get ur acne under control before doing treatments. Find a derm that will give u accutane. Then after six months go for subcision + dermapen + radio frequency.

I appreciate the advice but I have almost no active acne at the moment. A few spots but no more cysts. I would not touch accutane with a ten foot pole given my situation.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/14/2015 12:11 am

I appreciate the advice but I have almost no active acne at the moment. A few spots but no more cysts. I would not touch accutane with a ten foot pole given my situation.

considering accutane makes you breakout initially which would result in more acne and possibility of more scars. I break out but not too often.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/14/2015 5:49 am

considering accutane makes you breakout initially which would result in more acne and possibility of more scars. I break out but not too often.

Some derms provide antibiotics to tackle the breakout. Also low dose accutane doesn't have much side effect. I got clear with 10mg. Without accutane there is always a possibility of a big breakout in the future which can render all the scar treatments