Notifications
Clear all

Severe Scaring

MemberMember
(@aj7)

Posted : 01/17/2015 11:40 pm

So I've had really bad acne since I can remember I had finished my accutane phase for 4 months but now I am stuck with really bad scars that I have no idea what to do with right now... What would be the most effective and cheapest method for curing scars? Will it go away just over time or will it require some sort of medication

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 01/18/2015 1:57 am

Will require some pictures to be able to tell you, but generally you can improve most types of scarring. You won't be able to fully get rid of them (not right now anyways) but you can certainly make them look better to the point of not even noticing them. Most scars will soften over time and look better but they wont go away on their own usually, the treatments you will want to pursue will depend on the severity of the scars.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/18/2015 5:05 am

Cant suggest you anything , please post some pictures of your face

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 01/18/2015 10:55 am

You'll have to either post a picture here or PM someone on here to get good advice, because there are different types of scarring (rolling, boxcar, ice pick, tethered, non-tethered) that respond to different treatments. Luckily there are more scar treatments today than ever, some relatively inexpensive.