Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion Vs. Co2 Laser For Indented Rolling Scars

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 01/14/2015 2:27 am

Seems as though people aren't using dermabrasion as much anymore, but I am wondering if this is still a viable option. Have tried CO2 three times with little to show for. Dermabrasion creates wounds, actually takes skin off and seems like it's the most hardcore treatment, but often this yields the best results. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/14/2015 6:49 am

the problem is that older derms are retiring, they had the skill to do dermabrasion and that is a treatment totally that relies on the skill of the doctor...the older guys and gals never grew up with ablative lasers, they just did dermabrasion....so sadly it's a dying art

it's such a personal thing and it depends on your scars, where they are, what kind they are and how deep....find a couple good experienced derms and go talk to them and YOU decide

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 01/14/2015 1:58 pm

Yeah I've definitely noticed dermabrasion is dying out. It seems very harsh, but I'd rather do one intense procedure and see significant improvement than multiple CO2 lasers which do little for my scars. Thanks for your response!