Notifications
Clear all

Video Of My Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/21/2014 2:52 pm

Not the best lighting there for these scars and red marks are much more predominant under harsh lighting such as bathroom lighting.

Note: This video was taken back in October. Prior to 2 (Nov & December) Vbeam Perfecta (Forehead, temples and cheeks), 5 or so @ home Saline subcision Injections and a @ home Microneedle + 30-45% Tca Peel combo 3 weeks after 2nd Vbeam Perfecta, done last night (needle + tca) shown here: post-127216-0-97591600-1419190762.jpg post-127216-0-27063800-1419190826.jpg

Going in for 3rd and depending on results most likely my last Vbeam Perfecta on January 5 (Might postpone for a week until swelling subsides and skin is fully healedbefore) before re-evaluation. So far I've spent $250 for professional treatments.

As far as my red marks and overall discoloration, I would say a 40% improvement. And 10-20% Scar reduction (more shallow - rolling). My scars are not as predominant under sun lighting as they used to. $250 well spent. Dr. Rullan, MD. Chula Vista

Opinions...comments? Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/21/2014 5:14 pm

If I were you, I would go for some down time after the January treatment. I'd let it be for the rest of January through February. Just let my skin do its thing and repair after all those treatments. I would wait until March or later, then do another TCA peel to get rid of the top layer and expose the new skin. Maybe start resuming the needling then too. Once you give your skin some time, I think youre going to see more results on top of the improvements you already have.

My scars are exactly the same. I wanted to ask, did you notice that your rolling scars seemed to become a little raised? I have shallow indented scars like you had, and after microneedling/tca I feel like some of them are raised. Scared me a little, I don't want to go from indented to raised. I'm hoping its swelling. I've also been using tomatoes and potatoes in between treatments too. I don't know if you're into alternative things like that, but the tomatoes make my skin so soft and I feel my scars are improving in color.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/21/2014 6:56 pm

If I were you, I would go for some down time after the January treatment. I'd let it be for the rest of January through February. Just let my skin do its thing and repair after all those treatments. I would wait until March or later, then do another TCA peel to get rid of the top layer and expose the new skin. Maybe start resuming the needling then too. Once you give your skin some time, I think youre going to see more results on top of the improvements you already have.

My scars are exactly the same. I wanted to ask, did you notice that your rolling scars seemed to become a little raised? I have shallow indented scars like you had, and after microneedling/tca I feel like some of them are raised. Scared me a little, I don't want to go from indented to raised. I'm hoping its swelling. I've also been using tomatoes and potatoes in between treatments too. I don't know if you're into alternative things like that, but the tomatoes make my skin so soft and I feel my scars are improving in color.

Yea. After my Jan 5 treatment I plan on letting it be for a month or two then go in for re-evaluation. There definitive improvement in my scarring b/c of Microneedling & TCA. Also Vbeam helped a bit too, and it was cheap. YES!

I don't want to go from indented to raised

I don't quite understand what you meant there. You mean keloid like? That wont happen unless an infection or something bad occurs, which likely wont happen unless you don't sanitize your products prior to use!

Tomatoes and Potatoes? If it works then keep using them lol

Do you plan on being evaluated by a Derm or surgeon soon? You could post your scarring here or try realself.com see what answers you get. Granted you'll probably be pushed to try laser but that isn't always the case or answer.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/21/2014 11:14 pm

You should keep us updated. I'd love to see your progress, it'll keep me hopeful.

Yea, a couple of my rolling scars seemed to swell up a tiny bit and be keloid like, but I just did a peel and my skins still sensitive and swollen. I think I'm overanalyzing them at this point. I'll see a derm eventually. I know I can get a free consultation but beyond that I have no funds.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/21/2014 11:53 pm

You should keep us updated. I'd love to see your progress, it'll keep me hopeful.

Yea, a couple of my rolling scars seemed to swell up a tiny bit and be keloid like, but I just did a peel and my skins still sensitive and swollen. I think I'm overanalyzing them at this point. I'll see a derm eventually. I know I can get a free consultation but beyond that I have no funds.

I will do my best. Is there a reason why you don't have funds?