Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@boomchickipoo)

Posted : 12/13/2014 5:48 am

Hey guys..can u tell me how do I fix these scars?these are shots of my cheeks both

Will they go away naturally or should I go for treatment at the dermatologist.

If naturally then whatd should I use?

And if the derm what would you recommend. Thanks in advance..

Love..

Boomchickipoo

post-440231-0-24368000-1418467668_thumb.

post-440231-0-98620400-1418467676_thumb.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/13/2014 11:40 am

Moderator edit: moved to scars and red marks treatment

MemberMember
(@boomchickipoo)

Posted : 12/25/2014 7:22 am

Why isn't anybody replying?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/25/2014 12:41 pm

Hey guys..can u tell me how do I fix these scars?these are shots of my cheeks both

Love..

Boomchickipoo

Any dermatologist will tell you that you must address the acne problem first.. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but there are just different methods in treating the scars from the acne and if you keep getting new pimples/clogged pores you'll keep getting scars.

MemberMember
(@boomchickipoo)

Posted : 12/28/2014 5:51 am

Love..

Boomchickipoo

Any dermatologist will tell you that you must address the acne problem first.. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but there are just different methods in treating the scars from the acne and if you keep getting new pimples/clogged pores you'll keep getting scars.

But I barely have acne anymore...all of it is gone..I just have these scars.. I haven't got a pimple in like two months..

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/28/2014 7:32 am

if the raised bumps aren't active acne then they are keloids, although they look active, which is why we are confused

I had keloids, and required a monthly series of injections, maybe 4 or so before they shrank down and flattened

in conjunction with that, you have hyperpigmentation, so research peels to help speed the turnover of cells, look at lactic acid or glycolic acid

you also have some millia present, which can be removed by your dermatologist...but you will need a derm so go find a good one if you haven't

and scar removal is a journey, you have to find a good partner (derm) and set your goals, but often it takes a multi layer approach, and time- but you will see small improvement with each step on your journey

keep your expectations realistic and good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@boomchickipoo)

Posted : 12/28/2014 11:21 pm

See...I haven't been to a derm yet..I see some improvement using all these home remedies..

I have been using potato..and lemon juice for the hyperpigmentation..and baking soda as an exfoliant..twice a week.

There seems to be and improvement..right?

post-440231-0-67931800-1419826782_thumb.

post-440231-0-42036600-1419826794_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/29/2014 7:14 am

Actually I don't believe home remedies work for the majority of people, but you could be an exception and the potato may work. Just keep doing it for at least 2 months as any other product to see if it really works.

Keloid scars are kind of rare as most acne scars aren't hyperthropic, so youll need to do your research on that topic.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/29/2014 3:42 pm

yep the keloid bumps won't go away with any home remedy...but the hyperpigmentation sure will, and that will be a big help

but for the keloids go see a derm, a series of steriod injections can help flatten those over time...

but you are definitely making progress on the hyperpigmentation!

MemberMember
(@boomchickipoo)

Posted : 12/30/2014 4:43 am

yep the keloid bumps won't go away with any home remedy...but the hyperpigmentation sure will, and that will be a big help

but for the keloids go see a derm, a series of steriod injections can help flatten those over time...

but you are definitely making progress on the hyperpigmentation!

Do you think i should go for a chemical peel or micro dermabrasion?

Which peel should I use?

Will lighter peels be good enough or should I go for phenol or TCA..I a scared to use these on my skin. I don't know how will they react. I haven't used any chemicals yet. Will the glycolic peel be enough?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/30/2014 8:49 am

Definitely peels. As always, start with lighter peels such as Glycolic, Lactic and even Salycylic. Then move on to deeper peels such as TCA 15-30%.

I suggest you learn more that way you can do them at home and save $1000. Literally.