Notifications
Clear all

Dermaroller And Epiduo?

MemberMember
(@down-ina-hole44)

Posted : 12/04/2014 3:33 am

Hey everybody! I've done a lot of research on the effects of dermarolling for acne scars and figured this should be my first approach. My only worry is I'm currently on epiduo to keep my acne under control and I wanted to know if it is safe to roll and use this topical at the same time? I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 12/04/2014 2:05 pm

Hey everybody! I've done a lot of research on the effects of dermarolling for acne scars and figured this should be my first approach. My only worry is I'm currently on epiduo to keep my acne under control and I wanted to know if it is safe to roll and use this topical at the same time? I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you!

Hello mate,

I am in the exact same situation. I don't think it's a good idea to put Epiduo after treatment since it is drying. But I don't know much.

MemberMember
(@down-ina-hole44)

Posted : 12/04/2014 6:54 pm

That's what I was thinking also. Maybe skip epiduo application the day of my dermaroller session and continue the next day? Anyone have any experience with this. me and Julian would really appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@down-ina-hole44)

Posted : 12/07/2014 7:11 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:51 am

I'm in the same situation lol. I've actually done the dermapen twice while on Epiduo.

Just stop applying Epiduo 1 week before a session

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 12/08/2014 4:26 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think you're supposed to roll if you have active acne that's if yours is active of course

MemberMember
(@down-ina-hole44)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:25 pm

I only plan on rolling my cheeks which with the use of epiduo I am currently clear.

SkyBlue. Did you break out a lot in the 1 week you were off epiduo? And also how long after rolling did u start using epiduo again?

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/09/2014 12:24 am

I stil had a couple zits. I had it done with a RN and she said you could do it with active acne and it would even improve acne as well.