Notifications
Clear all

Does Retin-A Permanently Diminish The Appearance Of Pitted Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 08/07/2014 7:38 pm

I cleared my skin up through the Regimen from this site but am considering switching to Retin-A since I've been left with pitted acne scars.

I was wondering if Retin-A permanently diminishes the appearance of pitted acne scars or if it only does that while you're using it.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/07/2014 10:00 pm

no retin a doesnt get rid of pitted acne scars

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 08/08/2014 12:18 am

no retin a doesnt get rid of pitted acne scars

Well I've heard from other users on here/other websites that Retin-A is a collagen boosting product, it will apparently tighten/plump the skin and diminish the look of pitted acne scars.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/08/2014 12:34 am

No it doesn't. It helps improve the tone and clarity of your skin but probably won't do much for scars. That said, there was a recent study out of India that claimed that retin-a used in conjunction with dermarolling / stamping may improve scars. They theorize that retin-a encourages normal collagen production versus the scarring type of collagen.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/08/2014 5:00 am

No it doesn't. It helps improve the tone and clarity of your skin but probably won't do much for scars. That said, there was a recent study out of India that claimed that retin-a used in conjunction with dermarolling / stamping may improve scars. They theorize that retin-a encourages normal collagen production versus the scarring type of collagen.

Are you saying apply the Retin-A and then roll or apply it after rolling. I used to apply copper peptides - roll - then reapply the peptides. It didn't work, but it made sense to me. My theory was that I was rolling the peptides deeper into the skin.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)