Notifications
Clear all

Does Derma Roller Work

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:15 pm

does it work for ice pick scars? probably my only hope

i read too many things about it some says it work some said it made things worst

honestly who has gotten experience with dermarolling/stamp or anything related ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/01/2014 11:16 pm

so i did 1 session my face is swollen and red

i see pictures where people did it and bleed but my face didnt bleed at all i dont see how i can draw blood , is it suppose to bleed when u do it ?

MemberMember
(@jennilcee)

Posted : 08/01/2014 11:55 pm

I guess it just depends on the mm of the roller you get .. And how big it is, and also how severe your scars are.. I had light pitted scars and started off with the .05 mm.. I started using it once a week, and put on a vitamin E and C surem after.. It's been 2 months maybe 3 since and I have seen progress.. My scars filled in slightly .. But I also think it may have caused me to break out , because I was not completely acne free when I did so.. So be a little cautious if you have active acne ..just keep at it .. Maybe gradually go bigger every month or so .. Hope this helped .. Good luck:)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/02/2014 8:18 am

I guess it just depends on the mm of the roller you get .. And how big it is, and also how severe your scars are.. I had light pitted scars and started off with the .05 mm.. I started using it once a week, and put on a vitamin E and C surem after.. It's been 2 months maybe 3 since and I have seen progress.. My scars filled in slightly .. But I also think it may have caused me to break out , because I was not completely acne free when I did so.. So be a little cautious if you have active acne ..just keep at it .. Maybe gradually go bigger every month or so .. Hope this helped .. Good luck:)

i did it with a 1.5mm and the next day my skin right now is little pink not even alot i thought it would be still red and swollen like yesterday , put copper peptide on and thats it

so am i doing something wrong o.o

MemberMember
(@jennilcee)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:00 pm

Have you been rolling in different directions as well.. Sounds like you are doing things right.. It just takes time to see results.. Mine took a little over a month until I saw results .. And every body is different, and their body's and skin reacts differently .. And an important thing is to make sure you are not rolling too much .. Which may irritate more than help.. Good luck.. Patience is the key:)

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 08/03/2014 12:32 am

I honestly at first thought it was helping but I am starting to think it must have been micro-swelling:(

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:41 am

can you start using glycolic acid daily still ? after the dermaroll session

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:52 am

NO! This is a horrible idea. I have seen a post where somebody tried glycolic acid peel right after he/she did a dermaroller session. That person claimed that scars were vanishing, but never posted pictures, which I find it dubious. I have tried DR+salicylic acid peel in the past, and I saw no benefits of using peel afterward. Peeling in general is not a good tool to utilize for pitted acne scars based on my experience. I know some dermatologists love to use CROSS or TCA peels for acne scars, but I have not seen a single success story yet with CROSS for ice pick scars.

As far as bleeding goes, you probably do not exert enough force. A little bit of bleeding is expected.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:17 am

NO! This is a horrible idea. I have seen a post where somebody tried glycolic acid peel right after he/she did a dermaroller session. That person claimed that scars were vanishing, but never posted pictures, which I find it dubious. I have tried DR+salicylic acid peel in the past, and I saw no benefits of using peel afterward. Peeling in general is not a good tool to utilize for pitted acne scars based on my experience. I know some dermatologists love to use CROSS or TCA peels for acne scars, but I have not seen a single success story yet with CROSS for ice pick scars.

As far as bleeding goes, you probably do not exert enough force. A little bit of bleeding is expected.

oh i mean like dan's aha moisturizer , can i still use that everyday after the session ? and i cant get my skin too bleed idk

MemberMember
(@aznkid77)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:38 am

Which needle length do you use? I use the 2mm one and every time I stamp I go pretty hard and draw quite a lot of blood.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 12:33 pm

Which needle length do you use? I use the 2mm one and every time I stamp I go pretty hard and draw quite a lot of blood.

i used a 1.5mm/dermaroller idk why my skin cant draw blood

MemberMember
(@nikolaos)

Posted : 08/03/2014 6:42 pm

I also have a 1,5mm dermaroller and its impossible for me to draw blood with it, unless I press it really hard but thats very painful! Maybe its the infamous "fakir effect"?

On the other hand, Derma stamp always make my face bleed.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:33 pm

also is it okay to use bp, aha , hydroquinone all togethor after the healing days ??