Notifications
Clear all

Mederma For Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:39 am

I can't use AHA, it breaks me out and doesn't work for my lifestyle, so my dermatologist recommended Mederma. Anyone else use it for their acne scarring? I have mild hyper pigmentation all over my T-Zone.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:28 pm

I use Mederma and Contractubex, zero results. It's for hypertrophic scars not for acne scars !!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 07/22/2014 3:20 pm

Mederma actually caused my skin to break out in a rash, so if your skin is sensitive it may make your hyperpigmentation worse. I wouldn't use it for anything except for the intended use: raised (hypertrophic) scars.

Note, I actually have raised scars and I still don't use it because it's so irritating to my skin.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:07 pm

Mederma actually caused my skin to break out in a rash, so if your skin is sensitive it may make your hyperpigmentation worse. I wouldn't use it for anything except for the intended use: raised (hypertrophic) scars.

Note, I actually have raised scars and I still don't use it because it's so irritating to my skin.

Really? My dermatologist recommended it to me for my hyper pigmentation and she said it was perfect for it. I do not have sensitivite skin. Out of curiosity, is there anything other than AHA that I can buy at the local store that would help with hyper pigmentation and not have problems with over sun exposure?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:10 pm

Your derm recommended it? I don't know who she is but it doesn't sound like she's up on her skin care products.

Remicade liked
MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 07/23/2014 2:57 am

Really? My dermatologist recommended it to me for my hyper pigmentation and she said it was perfect for it. I do not have sensitivite skin. Out of curiosity, is there anything other than AHA that I can buy at the local store that would help with hyper pigmentation and not have problems with over sun exposure?

I'd just go with Eucerin or one of those brands that actually is supposed to deal with redness. I agree with blahblah, it sounds like an ill-advised recommendation.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:10 am

Thanks to both of you, I'll try Eucerin. I was surprised- I guess she isn't up to date!

Thanks again :)