Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Fade Flat, Painless Acne Marks?

MemberMember
(@martino123)

Posted : 06/25/2014 11:09 pm

Hi I have mainly flat acne marks on my face with a few whiteheads. Should I wait till the whiteheads are gone completely or can I fade the marks first? It's like 5% whiteheads, 80% acne marks + scars , 15 actual clear skin.

Thank you very much and good luck with your acne or whatever problems you have in life. Stay positive it will get better :)

MemberMember
(@pwre)

Posted : 06/28/2014 6:36 am

I'm in the same position although mine are all on one cluster so it's even worse... Red marks sadly just need time to heal. There are ways you can speed this up though!

Vitamins! - C, E, B5 and Zinc are all helpful for renewing skin cells and speeding up the process! Zinc gluconate is preferred. This can be via tablets or food in general, just look it up nuts and fruit seem to be the best route.

Epsom salt - I find this keeps any new spots from appearing, it also contains magnesium. Dilute this 1:1 with water or bathe in it.

Apple cider vinegar - this diluted and as a toner on specific spots seems to speed things up too!

La roche-posay ellaclar duo+ - this is a product that apply morning and night and seems to have good reviews, yet to receive mine but I can update you on how well it works, seems to be a time window of a month for them to fade.

Exercise! - half hour a day, jogging, sit ups.. Up to you. Best before shower in morning or before bed as you don't want to over wash!

CUT all sugar, crappy junk food and eat loads more fruit. Don't go crazy with it though

All In all, don't stress and let time do it's thing, I know it's a pain in the ass but it could be worse! They could've been full on scars. Oh ye. Don't forgot sun cream even if it's not too sunny, UV rays will just make them worse.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@martino123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 6:35 am

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have a few more questions: I am currently 19 and in uni. Since we get a lot of exams what are some good ways to reduce stress other than exercise?

I am also currently prescribed a retinoid and an antibiotic. Would it be ok for me to use at home remedies or over the counter products to fade these marks?

I was thinking of using lemon juice to fade the marks. Should I wait till the whiteheads and the active acne completely stop or can I do work on fading it now? I get like 1-2 very small whiteheads a day but they are usually gone the next day and then a few more form. Also how would I go about using the apple cider vinegar to fade the marks? Are there any specific instructions on how to use it?

Thank you very much and good luck

MemberMember
(@boxer007)

Posted : 07/18/2014 5:08 am

Tried to apply fresh lemon on my spot once - did nothing much for me. Supposedly, lemon juice makes your skin highly sensitive to the sun, and therefore I don't really recommend using it.

Then I tried using a apple cider vinegar/water toner on my blackheads/comedones/marks. I diluted it half-half and only applied a tiny amount around my critical areas. It did not sting or anything. After about a week I noticed that a lot of my closed comedones and blackheads were literally "falling off". I stopped the vinegar soon after (inconvenience) , but the blackheads never came back.

The acv toner didn't do much for my marks though.