Notifications
Clear all

Is This Pih, Pie Or A Scar?

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/05/2014 11:53 am

So what is this?

1) The first picture was taken in February 2014, and the second one is taken now in June 2014.

It was first a little pimple I guess, that I tried to pop or scratch... I was on accutane and finished my course 2 months ago...

So it became a scab and then a brown mark. After that I was growing a beard and hiding it, but I don't like my beard, and now it has become pink skin. You can't really see it very well on the picture, but in real life you can see it from far since it's so pink.. Looks like eczema but doesn't itch. When I press on it, it becomes like normal skin color or white, so either it's PIE (Post inflammatory erythema) or a scar...

Can someone tell? And will it vanish?

2) The blue color, can you guys see what it is? I guess it's a scar, it's very flat. This has been for 2 months. Should I put mederma on it even if it is not raised? I'm very scared it will become raised or hypotrophic or something :(

post-393013-0-93432400-1401987186.jpg

post-393013-0-93432400-1401987186.jpg

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 06/07/2014 1:24 pm

Guys... Anyone?

MemberMember
(@malicemizer)

Posted : 07/05/2014 6:25 am

The brown mark that turned pink has been red lately...

Seems the hair on the mark won't grow, though there are pretty small hair there... But growing a beard makes it look like a red bald spot or cut...

Does anyone know if this is PIH/PIE? The facial hair on the mark are still there but super short and seems it stops growing much taller, are they damaged forever!? :( It has improved from brown to light pink but now very red...

The skin is not raised but feels little bit hard I think...

Should I go to a doctor? Or will it heal... :/ ?

I'm 20 and my beard is not fully developed yet

MemberMember
(@evgekrvgmail-com)

Posted : 09/10/2021 8:41 pm

Hey, I have something similar on my face. Did the redness ever go away for you? How long did it take?