Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Scars Do I Have? Pics

MemberMember
(@prisonbreakcf)

Posted : 05/26/2014 5:40 am

Is there any way to make them fade? Plz dont be mean i have been feeling a little bit down lately

post-399361-0-83952900-1401100726_thumb.

post-399361-0-83952900-1401100726_thumb.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/28/2014 12:03 am

Can't see clearly from your picture, is it level with your skin or indented?

MemberMember
(@prisonbreakcf)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:44 am

Hyperpigmentation, not piited or intended

Will turmetik work on my scars?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/29/2014 7:27 am

Hyperpigmentation, not piited or intendedWill turmetik work on my scars?

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne is easy to treat unlike scars, it will be fade in time, around 6-12 months, be gentle and patience with your skin.

You can help to speed up the process with topical skin treatment. The most effective products that contain kojic acid, AHAs, asorbic acid, licorice extract and hydroquinone. Exfoliate your skin one or twice a week using exfoliating scrub, squeeze a small amount of scrub solution onto loofah and rub the darkened area in circular motion.

Always speak to your GP or dermatologist before purchasing any product. Instead, your dermatologist can explain options like chemical peeling and microdermabrasion.

Turmeric is a natural skin remedy for lighten skin and pigmentation, cause it's natural so it will take longer before you will see the result. You can try to make mask or cream, mix turmeric powder and olive oil (more turmeric, less oil to make a thick paste)

Good luck

MemberMember
(@prisonbreakcf)

Posted : 05/29/2014 8:17 am

I was worried they could be permanent, thank you!! Im really not into chemical peels but I have been using lemon juice and aloe vera and i already seen a big improvement, thought they are still there, I will alsp try turmeric and honey mask just to speed up the healing and I have this Loreal exfoliator which contains AHA Thougt i dont really like usinh it cuz it makes my scars look more red, now that i finally controlled my acne I have to deal with scars but I guess time is all it takes Thanks!

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/29/2014 8:55 am

You're so welcome. Good to hear that you have find something that work for you. I'm happy for you!!

One way to prevent future pigmentation problems is to wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 that is effective on both UVA and UVB rays, and stay out of direct sunlight as whenever possible :)