Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! Which Treatments Will Be The Most Beneficial For Me?

MemberMember
(@erod)

Posted : 04/30/2014 10:22 pm

*takes a deep breath*

Hi everyone,

I have photos below of my scarring that I've been suffering from for the past 13 years - since freakin' puberty!! Unfortunately, it completely changed me from an outgoing individual to someone much more shy and self-conscious. I'm so tired of all the looks and of course getting asked THAT question as to what happened to my face (mostly children of friends) - SO EMBARASSING!!

It's sad, but I've almost accepted what I have had to endure for so long although I'd really like to get rid of these once and for all.

Please take a look at my photos (sorry for the depressed/"dead eyes" look haha) and assist me with putting this all behind me so that I can finally be free of this burden.

Thanks everyone in advance!

post-110915-0-13199500-1398914716.jpg

post-110915-0-12211600-1398914714.jpg

post-110915-0-20270700-1398914712.jpg

post-110915-0-28576200-1398914718.jpg

post-110915-0-20270700-1398914712.jpg

post-110915-0-12211600-1398914714.jpg

post-110915-0-13199500-1398914716.jpg

post-110915-0-28576200-1398914718.jpg

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 04/30/2014 11:03 pm

Try derma stamping or derma rolling (I prefer stamping, less painful better results). It helps to build collagen over time you could even try TCA cross but be super, super careful if you are going to do it on yourself. If you do choose any of these routes please make sure you leave at least a minimum of 4-5 weeks in-between treatments to let the collagen form. Use some topical post treatment as well to optimize results (look into copper peptides, super cop X2, vitamin c -NOTE-vitamin c and copper peptides should not be used together, tamanu oil, rosehip oil etc. just do your research on which one you find to be most beneficial) Now, there are several other treatments out there for scars such as subcision, lasers, punch grafts etc but I can't recommend those as I personally have not tried those maybe someone else can comment from their own experiences if these treatments will help the type of scars you have.

I know it can be tough living with scars and I totally feel you on how it can absolutely change you as a person. You are pretty good looking and I am confident you can soften/fade those scars to some degree and possibly eradicate them over time with constant treatment--- meaning do not give up if you do not see results after a couple of months as collagen takes time to build. Scars do fade and soften up at least mine have with the those two approaches.

All the best!!! wavey.gif

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/03/2014 4:54 am

look into subcision with fat grafting followed by needling. Where are u located?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/03/2014 6:55 am

Possibly multiple subcisions followed by suction for the rolling scars. After you've done several rounds of subcision, and have maxed out your improvement from them, you can try fillers on the larger indentations. TCA cross for the narrower ice pick type scars. If you are willing to do lasers, Total FX might help and should be done after all those other procedures. You want to elevate the depressions as close as possible to the surrounding skin before lasers. Since you have some sharply demarcated boxcar type scars, fractional c02 lasers like Total FX will help to soften the sharp edges. It will take many treatments spread out over a long period of time, but improvement is possible. Anyone here who's attained any measurable improvement did it over a very long period of time.

Also, before diving head first into the more invasive procedures (lasers, excisions, TCA Cross), always do a test spot on a more inconspicuous area. You never know how your skin will react. Also, understand that improvement is possible, but trying to attain perfection will set you up for disappointment.

I totally feel you on how acne scars can change who you are. Children and teenagers are the worst, as they have no filter and will embarrass you in public. Just gotta stay strong, although it can be very hard at times with those little daily indignities we have to suffer.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/03/2014 7:03 pm

I'm looking forward for someone who have had success to improve this kind of scars too. Have you tried some treatment before?

MemberMember
(@clukey45)

Posted : 05/05/2014 5:59 am

you look like the majority of your scars are rolling and boxcar, subcision along with derma stamps would most likely be the best options in terms of cost efficiency. To really get rid of them i think you should invest into some deep laser resurfacing (thinking more CO2 laser instead of like fraxel). the good news is your scars arent that deep so if you can smooth them over with what i just said im pretty sure you'll get good results!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/05/2014 6:43 am

Cut to the chase and go directly to Fraxel Re:pair. Re:pair is the gold standard among ablative fractionalized CO2 lasers. I don't sugar coat my responses anymore. You need Re:pair.

MemberMember
(@nearlydefeated)

Posted : 05/05/2014 12:42 pm

Cut to the chase and go directly to Fraxel Re:pair. Re:pair is the gold standard among ablative fractionalized CO2 lasers. I don't sugar coat my responses anymore. You need Re:pair.

I'm glad lasers worked out well for you Dudley, but lasers are not the 'gold standard' treatment for acne scars for everyone. I suggest the poster does intense research and weighs up the risks. The fact is, there are a lot of risks with lasers, especially re:pair. The ratings for re:pair by people who have had this treatment themselves is very low on Realself. The majority of unsatisfied ratings are not from people who were simply hoping for better results, but from people whos lives are now destroyed because they suffer from fat loss, major further scarring, etc.

From what I can gather from reading these boards for years and going right back to posts from 2002, lasers are one of the least successful treatments for acne scars. There have been more positive results from alternative, less invasive treatments.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/05/2014 5:36 pm

NearlyDefeated, I don't make that bold statement to everyone, but if I think that is the answer for him I come right out and say it. Half the people on Realself don't even know what treatment they got, and the other people just jump on the anti-laser bandwagon. Negative posters always outnumber the positive people because the successful people have no need to hang around. Alternative is what you take when you can't get the real thing. I traveled the dermaroller route, Copper peptide route, the dermabrasion route, and the regular CO2 route with no improvement, so yes I recommend Re:pair, because it worked.

MemberMember
(@somegirl123)

Posted : 05/08/2014 5:41 am

Hi...

I'm desperate, when I look at my scars I feel like I wanna die...I would like to hear you opinion what treatment should I do...First, I'm not sure what type of scars do I have?

I don't know should I use dermastamp or dermaroller at home?

I have been writing to a plastic surgeon and sent him photos of my scars and he said that scars like mine are not gonna improve, since then I'm DESPERATE, I can not do anything else or think about anything else I'm just reading reviews and looking before/after photos and crying all days and going from one mirror to another and analysing...

My scars look much worse on a specific light as you can see on the photo...I think they look worst on daylight...You can see that holes in my face...I was wondering if filler would help...And I was wondering if there is some treatment that would give me same or similar results as when I stretch my skin with my fingers (as photo showing)?

I've read that filler should give results like that is that true?

Btw I'm living in a small country in Europe and I don't think that our doctors here are good enough...I was first thinking about subcision + fat grafting and almost nobody is preforming that..Is there someone who can recommend me a good doctor from Germany or maybe Italy or Austria?

Thank you

post-395671-0-07785100-1399545430.jpg

post-395671-0-50543600-1399545435.jpg

post-395671-0-79572200-1399545447.jpg

post-395671-0-07785100-1399545430.jpg

post-395671-0-50543600-1399545435.jpg

post-395671-0-79572200-1399545447.jpg

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/08/2014 9:10 am

Hi...

I'm desperate, when I look at my scars I feel like I wanna die...I would like to hear you opinion what treatment should I do...First, I'm not sure what type of scars do I have?

I have been writing to a plastic surgeon and sent him photos of my scars and he said that scars like mine are not gonna improve, since then I'm DESPERATE, I can not do anything else or think about anything else I'm just reading reviews and looking before/after photos and crying all days and going from one mirror to another and analysing...

My scars look much worse on a specific light as you can see on the photo...I think they look worst on daylight...You can see that holes in my face...I was wondering if filler would help...And I was wondering if there is some treatment that would give me same or similar results as when I stretch my skin with my fingers (as photo showing)?

Btw I'm living in a small country in Europe and I don't think that our doctors here are good enough...I was first thinking about subcision + fat grafting and almost nobody is preforming that..Is there someone who can recommend me a good doctor from Germany or maybe Italy or Austria?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@somegirl123)

Posted : 05/08/2014 12:17 pm

No, i haven't done ANY treatment yet..I was asking you what should I do, should I do at home derma roller or it is derma stamp more effective?
I found cheap dermaroller which has CE approval but I can not find derma stamp and I don't want to buy cheap chinese stuff and ruin my face even more...does anyone know where to buy dermastamp which is safe enough?
ps. This is not the problem, I'm not looking for a boyfriend, I'm already married - so this is not the reason that I want to fix my scars...I just can't stand my face like that it makes me so unhappy:S believe me for a woman are this scars a big deal...
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you this - i got this scars from benzyol peroxide!! After putting this stuff on my face I got a lot of huge acne and than those scars...
thanx for your kind words,
and sorry for my english:)
MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/08/2014 5:22 pm

PanicJack, I did it at home with a 1.5 roller and used SuperCP at the same time for about 6 months, and saw no improvement.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/08/2014 9:15 pm

so studies like these are just plain bogus?

no laser involved..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:30 am

Hey somegirl,

Thank your for showing your scars with severe side lighting. It helps to illustrate your problem and make it easier to give advice. Based on the fact that you can flatten the scars by light stretching with your fingers, your scars may not be tethered and can be filled by filler. I think that a light subcision using the same needle on the syringe of the filler at the same time you are being injected will help. This will create a space underneath the scar so that it can be filled.

I would recommend hyaluronic acid fillers as they are the most reliable and least problematic. I have experience with permanent fillers and it can cause problems that are difficult to correct, for example lumps and bumps.

While I do not have experience with stamping or dermarolling, I think some members here have had good results.

Hi...

Thank you

MemberMember
(@somegirl123)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:34 am

Hey somegirl,

Thank your for showing your scars with severe side lighting. It helps to illustrate your problem and make it easier to give advice. Based on the fact that you can flatten the scars by light stretching with your fingers, your scars may not be tethered and can be filled by filler. I think that a light subcision using the same needle on the syringe of the filler at the same time you are being injected will help. This will create a space underneath the scar so that it can be filled.

I would recommend hyaluronic acid fillers as they are the most reliable and least problematic. I have experience with permanent fillers and it can cause problems that are difficult to correct, for example lumps and bumps.

While I do not have experience with stamping or dermarolling, I think some members here have had good results.

Hi...

Thank you

Thank you so much, that gives me hope....I promise I will put my before after pictures when I'll do subcision and filler, but I will have to wait a couple of months to get enough cash:) But no matter when I'll do it I'll share my results here...

For now I'll buy a dermaroller and I'll report if there will be any improvements...

MemberMember
(@holyman)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:30 pm

Somegirl u are absouloutly stunning, the scarring you have is mild and i'm sure people dont notice it at all. But if it really bothers you i would recocmend nothing to invasive that could make them worse.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:39 pm

I am very impressed with this study.

MemberMember
(@somegirl123)

Posted : 05/21/2014 3:42 am

hi:)

As I've promised I will do an update of my dermarolling...

I can not believe I can see some improvement!!!!

I have done my first treatment yesterday at home, only on the one side of my face with 1mm roller...My face was red and it hurt a little bit...one hour after rolling I put silicone cream in stick for scars and my skin was red and that's it...

but today when I woke up I saw that my scars are not that deep and the edges were not that sharp, but I thought ah, that's because my scars always look better in the morning...

Than I waited about 2 hours....And it seems that I really have some improvement...I'm posting here a before and after photo, I was trying to take my "after" photo at the same light as the "before" photo, so it's not a cheap trick with the light....but I think that the results are obvious, and I hope that this is permanent and that it's not just a result of some swelling or something...

I should probably wait a few hours or a few days to see if the results are real but I couldn't wait to share this with you, I'M SO EXCITED!! I will definitely do more dermaroller treatments, I will do updates....

p.s. that line on my face is not a scar, it's because I have slept on that side and sorry for my english

post-395671-0-02532300-1400661657.jpg

post-395671-0-02532300-1400661657.jpg

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:41 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what you are seeing is swelling from the treatment you did yesterday. Real results take months for wound healing and collagen deposition to be complete. Collagen does not form overnight. I do wish you the best though and think you have every reason to stay optimistic!