Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice On Peel After Dermapen

MemberMember
(@bzuz)

Posted : 03/25/2014 12:17 pm

I have pitted acne scars and icepicks from acne. Lots of holes in my skin and large pores. In febuary I had a vi peel (didnt peel at all) and then 1 month later had my first session of the dermapen in conjuction with a microdermabrasion. I have been using daily copper peptides, along with daily vitamin c and nightly AHA beta wipes. I see a amazing improvment in my scars. I am actually amazed!!! they are softer, reduced in size and my pores have closed alot! I still have a long way to go. SO, I scheduled another derma pen session which would be 4 weeks from my inital session. I am also scheduled for a medium depth peel. I dont know what kind but I want to acutually peel this time and I told the aesthtician we need to go deep...... maybe 25%.

I am wondering, is it safe and effective tto have another derma pen and then the medium peel 10 days later? I dont want to screw up the collegan production or anything since it worked so well last time. I know I want the peel for the skin texture, pores, scars, fine lines, wrinkles and my damaged sun spots. But not sure about the timing? Thanks for any feedback.

MemberMember
(@supersloan)

Posted : 03/25/2014 12:29 pm

I had the Fraxel laser treatment done, which I understand is similar, and my Dr. said to wait at least 30 days for your skin to heal before I had another treatment. Your Dr. would know best, but I would think waiting a little longer than ten days may be worth considering.

MemberMember
(@john777)

Posted : 03/27/2014 10:51 am

bzuz,

I had a similar discussion with my aesthetician just yesterday. I had earlier purchased a package of dermanpen and peels "on sale" and have been doing the peel at the same session as the derma pen. I do not really seem to peel with the VI peel either. I just get some flakes. So, in order to do a stronger peel, we jointly decided that 2 weeks after the derma pen "only" session I would come back in for a peel. She says that she would be able to do a stronger peel when they are separate. She thought the 2 weeks would be fine.

Generally, she also thinks that about 4 weeks is OK from one derma pen to another derma pen session, but I tend to go a little longer. I have some pretty nasty rolling scars so a peel is not going to make any significant improvement for me. Just hoping to improve the texture somewhat.

In your case, you seemed to have so very positive improvement with derma pen and microdermabrassion. Only thing I see is that the microedermabrassion and the the peel both affect the exterior of the skin and you might want to be careful to have the proper interval on that. And if you are getting good results from that combination I would probably try that again.