Notifications
Clear all

Will Keeping Skin Hydrenated Help?

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:08 pm

I notice when I am dehydrated my skin looks more ruddy. If I keep drinking water, and use moisturize, as well as sun screen (but mostly keepy my skin dydrenated) will my skin look more even and smooth?

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:11 pm

what r u using on ure skin?

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:21 pm

what r u using on ure skin?

Just gentle cleanser and sometimes sun screen. No moisterize and I have to drink more water. I am 53 too.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/18/2014 9:46 pm

Problem with me too- but i have suppper sensitive skin and rosacea that reacts to everything. What i do is just use a hydratin cleanser and stay out of the sun and drink 4000 ML of water per day. If i put on a basic moisturizer my skin will become smooth but red! and then i break out. so i find that just cleansing not to strip the skin helps me overall

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/18/2014 9:52 pm

avada...does the cleansing strip ure skin and make it dry and then breakout? whats ure regimen? have u used dans products or cetaphil gentle cleanser? i find dans cleanser and cetaphil too drying....even more than the bp it seems

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:15 pm

avada...does the cleansing strip ure skin and make it dry and then breakout? whats ure regimen? have u used dans products or cetaphil gentle cleanser? i find dans cleanser and cetaphil too drying....even more than the bp it seems

If i use too harsh a cleanser it will. Dans cleanser would give me third degree burns if i used that shit. I dont break out really anymore because i kind of stuck to an Al' natural skin wise- which includes doing nothing! basically. Its the same with both my brothers and parents (so its obviously a family thing) We will only break out if we put anything on top of the skin. I havent even used makeup in months, or moisturizer. Just cleanse lightly and im good- and i dont have pimples anymore so im fine with that.

Also i edited my last post i meant moisturizer will make me red and breakout not my cleaneser

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:38 pm

do u just cleanse w/ water twice a day? what kind of water? what exactlys ure daily regimen?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:45 pm

just cerave hydrating cleanser- and just hydrate from the inside with water. thats basically it. And dont eat foods i have intolerances to (i went to an allergist and found i had allergies to A LOT of foods/ingredients) So by cutting that out- it keeps the redness and bumps down too