Notifications
Clear all

Lemon For Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@handsomefella)

Posted : 02/03/2014 9:34 pm

Hey there, i've gotten off of an accutane routine for about i'd say 5 months now, and aside the severe scarring, which I honestly could care less about, for as I see it, the scars are really just a part of my characteristics like my height or my hair being brown, so I don't mind the ruggedness it gives off.

The redness, however, is a little more troubling. I can deal with the looming shadows my deep scars give off, but when they're red like this, they tend to stand out more.

I've been applying lemon to my face once a night and sleep overnight in it, and rinse off in the morning, followed by applying a facial fading cream for dark spots.

It looks like its helping, as these photos are taken in between not using lemon and started using lemon. If I continue this regime, will I completely fade my PIH?

post-375032-0-90550200-1391487182.jpg

post-375032-0-88435500-1391487187.jpg

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/03/2014 11:45 pm

If you continue it will definitely help fade the pigmentation, but I'm not sure about the scars. How long have you been using lemons?

You could also use AHA as a moisturiser nightly - won't be as drying and I think it's higher % than lemon juice (which contains natural AHAs). You can also speed up the process with 35%-70% glycolic acid peels. I haven't gotten to that stage yet but I've heard good things.

MemberMember
(@handsomefella)

Posted : 02/04/2014 12:05 am

About two weeks now, my face has been feeling a lot softer, also.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/04/2014 12:28 am

wow, great progress. Your scarring seems much less shallow now that the redness has reduced. Personally, I wouldn't use lemon juice excessively. It can dry out the skin. I only use it a few times a month. Have you tried honey masks for the redness and scarring?

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 02/04/2014 9:53 am

Good to see that you're improving. Are you focusing on your diet ? Diet intake plays a vital role in healing scarring and hyper-pigmentation from inside. Also, you can try hypoallergenic scar therapy. Hope it helps you out :) Good Luck

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 05/31/2015 4:26 pm

ay-so lucky you're a man. You're really attractive and the scars almost add something.

But it's great that the lemon really seemed to take the redness out, trying this pronto :) btw what is the name of the scar scream you used?