Notifications
Clear all

Poor Me...

MemberMember
(@amuat)

Posted : 11/02/2013 9:34 am

is their any scars that can be treated or not.i met with two surgeon's and they both told me that we can't done scar revision on your face because your face is fine.believe me my face is full of scars.but i don't know why they keep saying that your face is fine?why did they aren't willing to do scar revision on my face does that has something to do with it's severnity.thanks for the answers.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/02/2013 9:54 am

If two surgeons said you face is fine, maybe it is time to step away from the mirror.

MemberMember
(@amuat)

Posted : 11/02/2013 10:38 am

stepping away from the mirror doesn't get me friends,doesn't get me respect or doesn't get me a spouse.or does it?

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 11/02/2013 10:57 am

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/02/2013 11:07 am

your attitude gets you respect and relationships...it's that simple

keep reading here, some of us with obvious scars just keep going and make a great life for ourselves because we step away from the mirror and go outside and live, get beyond the poor me syndrome

keep reading there are plenty of people here in relationships and that get respect, because they get out there and feel like they deserve both

and you have two medical professionals telling you your level of scarring isn't worth the risk of any medical procedures...wow, there are many of us who would love that problem, but we keep saving for procedures because our visits to the doctors have been different

I'm sorry to be brusque but your problem is an emotional one, which I do sympathize with because most of us here struggle with this daily, but we keep going and we get out and live...put your money towards counseling and not scar treatment

MemberMember
(@amuat)

Posted : 11/02/2013 12:05 pm

@msrrobinson

Thanks man that was a beautifull comment.it really inspires me.

@eagerminer

I don't believe that pictures can show my true scars.because when ever i took a picture my scars will be gone,like i have a pure face.but in reality my face is a total mess.lot's of pih scars on my fordhead,lot's of deep scars on my right cheek and some rolling scars on left cheek.i am guessing they don't have the lasers to treat me.as my skin is ethnic(skin type 4 ).and badly i live in a poor country.so i don't have that much choice.i ask this questions because if you guys know type of scars that can be treated or not.thanks again.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 11/02/2013 1:23 pm

the only one that has to like how he looks in the first place, is you. if you think you have some flaws you want to correct, very good. a photo of your face in a bright room would be very helpful. Search on Youtube: VISIA. See if you can find it in your country.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/02/2013 4:01 pm

stepping away from the mirror doesn't get me friends,doesn't get me respect or doesn't get me a spouse.or does it?

Post a picture.

X2. You need to take some pictures until you feel you are truly reflecting your real life face. Don't need to be all your face.. I will give my 100% honest opinion on what I think. Otherwise, no one here can help you.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 11/02/2013 5:27 pm

post pics so we can help you and point you in the right direction. ive been on the org for 6 years so im telling you without pics there is no hope around here

MemberMember
(@amuat)

Posted : 11/03/2013 3:31 am

Here it is.it somehow show my scars.

More pics

More pics

3rd one

They didn't show my scars fully.but i think it is better than nothing.eh?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/03/2013 3:51 am

I think I know why they say they cant help you; you have no scars. At least very little from what I see here..

MemberMember
(@amuat)

Posted : 11/03/2013 5:25 am

that is what i am saying it is very hard to capture my scars.i see lot's off scar pictures here.and believe me my scars are way worth than them.if you see my face in reality.you would have been disgusted.but as you say nothing to see on those pictures.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 11/03/2013 5:38 am

find a very bright room and a very good camera for better pictures, I see you have some scars, try and see if you can find VISIA in your country as I said before.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/04/2013 6:45 pm

You are the only person that you must answer to, and if you say that you need treatment who am I to doubt you? Pictures only help to put things into perspective, but there exists no mandate to provide the perfect picture. I have never come up with a picture that represents the extent of my scars so I gave up trying. From the pictures I have I would have got the same responses you did. If there is someone famous who has similar scars you may relate to them. I can point to the villain in X-Men The Last Stand as an example of where I was.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/05/2013 7:31 am

Your scars are not noticable--especially since you must zoom on the absolute worst lighting to capture them. What you do have though that is noticeable, is rough skin texture in the areas that have mild scars. You should get on retin a and get regular salicylic acid peels so that your skin looks more "soft and supple" in those areas.

Another thing, buy the smashbox photofinish primer and apply a small amount to the scarred areas...the improvement will be immediate and it only takes a minute to apply.