Notifications
Clear all

Inducing Temporary Microswelling (Good Idea)

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:26 am

Is there any known way to temporarily get the microswelling that people typically get from laser/dermarolling? It shouldn't be too hard for someone to invent a temporary microswelling technique that can be done everyday if necessary. Any thoughts? This is FAR more plausible than scarless healing at this point in time.

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:28 pm

Swelling usually stems from trauma to the skin, so no, there is probably no way for doing this aside from purposefully inducing trauma like skin needling does.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:57 pm

Err, this is not a good idea. Swelling is a result of trauma, as NUman has said, so ongoing/repetitive micro-swelling is not healthy for your skin.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:50 pm

Well scar treatments all cause inflammation via trauma.

Like for example, I'm not advocating this btw, if you got slapped really hard across the face, the upper layers of the skin (which heal more quickly than the deeper levels of the dermis) would swell and hide the imperfections caused by deep dermal defects...kind of like how boxers are bruised and swollen to a larger extent.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/05/2013 11:07 pm

Yes but why do you want to do this? It provides no long term benefits and may cause further scarring or infection.

MemberMember
(@davide-da-silva)

Posted : 11/22/2013 12:34 pm

Hi,

after have tried almost everything I kind of agree with 4meracneguy. I just love the microswelling after the fraxel. I have just done another fraxel yesterday and I am in heaven for 3 days :)

I have again the opportunity to invest in fighting my acne scars. I will be an expat going from a high wage country (Luxembourg) to a low cost country (Poland) and in Poland the surgeries are quite advanced and affordable. I am still thinking what could I do. The challenge on acne scars is that there are no cures. I do know that some combos are interesting but nothing very spectacular.