Notifications
Clear all

Ignored Acne For A Few Years, Starting From Scracth

MemberMember
(@ohbwoy)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:48 am

so basically i have had acne problems since last 4-5 years, the problem is i have never taken them serously... i believed they will fade with time... did visit a few doctors but never trusted and stuck to a single doc.

here is what my skin looks like

i have no idea what type of acne this is, and currently i am not doing anything to treat them...which i would like to change..

can someone recommend me home remedies or products that can help fade these marks..

MemberMember
(@ohbwoy)

Posted : 10/03/2013 12:02 pm

anyone?

also can someone tell me what are the acne scars i have called?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/05/2013 11:17 pm

Your photos are a tad blurry but I see mostly PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) which is not scarring. ;) There are some smaller darker marks I can see which might be boxcar scars. Are your marks indented/raised or just flat like the rest of your skin?

MemberMember
(@ohbwoy)

Posted : 10/06/2013 1:05 am

Your photos are a tad blurry but I see mostly PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) which is not scarring. ;) There are some smaller darker marks I can see which might be boxcar scars. Are your marks indented/raised or just flat like the rest of your skin?

Thank you for replying,

About my marks, they are flat like the rest of my skin...

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/06/2013 1:30 am

Okie dokie then. You don't have acne scarring. You have PIH or otherwise known as "acne marks". Basically red/brown/purple marks left behind by inflammation (which acne is awesome for).

Home remedies? None.

Professional remedies? Retin-A, a good sunscreen and a good moisturiser.

Keep in mind that these marks will eventually fade on their own even if you never treat them topically. But if they bother you then you can speed the process up with Retin-A as it promotes faster skin turnover and regeneration. Still, don't expect an overnight miracle. 6 months of continued use and you should see excellent results. Patience and determination are required. :)

Diane07 liked
MemberMember
(@ohbwoy)

Posted : 10/06/2013 10:58 am

Okie dokie then. You don't have acne scarring. You have PIH or otherwise known as "acne marks". Basically red/brown/purple marks left behind by inflammation (which acne is awesome for).

Home remedies? None.

Professional remedies? Retin-A, a good sunscreen and a good moisturiser.

Keep in mind that these marks will eventually fade on their own even if you never treat them topically. But if they bother you then you can speed the process up with Retin-A as it promotes faster skin turnover and regeneration. Still, don't expect an overnight miracle. 6 months of continued use and you should see excellent results. Patience and determination are required. smile.png

uploading pics with more detail and lighting..

they look much worse in these pics...

also about my marks being indented or raised, i just casually rolled my fingers and they feel like they are flat...but they do look like they indented.... i am confused if they are PIH or boxcar(or any other) scars...

MemberMember
(@maclas)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:29 am

They are atrophic acne scars indeed