Notifications
Clear all

Scarred Pores On Nose

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/01/2013 7:10 am

Has anyone improved scarred nose pores? I have a few from picking at sebaceous filaments :(

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:35 pm

Bumping this up a bit. Someone else must also have this problem?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/07/2013 7:35 pm

im hoping members would help.
I really would like to know as well.

MemberMember
(@cacw16)

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:52 pm

On 10/1/2013 at 8:10 AM, paigems said:

Has anyone improved scarred nose pores? I have a few from picking at sebaceous filaments

I just had fraxel repair for rolling scars on my cheeks, but I also have scarred nose pores. My derm told me it would also help improve the scarred pores. But I wouldn't suggest you going down that road just for scarred pores. That would be like killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Maybe dermarolling would help? Or even fraxel restore? (restore is the non-ablative version).

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/09/2013 6:26 pm

On 10/8/2013 at 5:52 PM, cacw16 said:

Has anyone improved scarred nose pores? I have a few from picking at sebaceous filaments

I just had fraxel repair for rolling scars on my cheeks, but I also have scarred nose pores. My derm told me it would also help improve the scarred pores. But I wouldn't suggest you going down that road just for scarred pores. That would be like killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Maybe dermarolling would help? Or even fraxel restore? (restore is the non-ablative version).

It's risky though. Doing treatments on the nose. Nose is very unpredictable.

Did your nose scars improve?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:48 pm

Bumping this again. It's a little depressing how little information there is out there for scars on the nose.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/30/2013 8:51 pm

There are some people in this thread

that are reporting success with TCA cross on the nose. I think I'm too chicken to try this though lol..

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/30/2013 9:46 pm

Lol, me too. For me, single needling looks safer than tca cross.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/30/2013 10:43 pm

Really? I haven't really seen people reporting success with single needling on ice pick scars. The people I have seen doing it actually made their scars worse!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/31/2013 2:34 pm

Really? I haven't really seen people reporting success with single needling on ice pick scars. The people I have seen doing it actually made their scars worse!

Go owndoc.com's forums

Some people there got improvements.

Most people who got their scars worse used sewing needles or other unappropriate needle and went agressive.

If you read their thread you'll notice that. And some some people just dont bother giving the details of the needles they used or how they did it.

I also saw a thread here in acne.org where a man improved their nose scars by 70% in 1 year by using single needling. I tried to ask him questions but unfortunately, he hasn't logged in for a long time ever since.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 11/01/2013 10:00 pm

I have the same problem. They've improved over the years, but are still noticeably big.

I remember someone on this forum mentioning botox....there are lots of tiny muscles around the nose. Maybe combining botox with a laser resurfacing/fractional laser would help.

I also came across this:

http://www.realself.com/question/enlarged-pores

"Intradermal Botox (Botox injections in the skin) is a very safe and effective way to reduce the size of pores. In addition the skin gets a nice tightened tone and smooth "matte" appearance and texture to it. Results last 4-6 months and are very satisfying with no down time from the injections. Dr. Kamran Jafri"

I think combining this with laser could help.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/01/2013 11:53 pm

On 10/9/2013 at 7:26 PM, AghhNe said:

What makes nose scars harder to treat than else where?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/02/2013 12:22 am

On 11/2/2013 at 12:53 AM, DayneCarter said:
On 10/9/2013 at 7:26 PM, AghhNe said:

What makes nose scars harder to treat than else where?

From what I understand the skin on the nose heals differently than skin on other areas of the face. That is what I have heard other people say, and I think they attribute it to the lack of underlying fat.

On 11/1/2013 at 11:00 PM, Starlite said:

I have the same problem. They've improved over the years, but are still noticeably big.

I remember someone on this forum mentioning botox....there are lots of tiny muscles around the nose. Maybe combining botox with a laser resurfacing/fractional laser would help.

I also came across this:

http://www.realself.com/question/enlarged-pores

"Intradermal Botox (Botox injections in the skin) is a very safe and effective way to reduce the size of pores. In addition the skin gets a nice tightened tone and smooth "matte" appearance and texture to it. Results last 4-6 months and are very satisfying with no down time from the injections. Dr. Kamran Jafri"

I think combining this with laser could help.

I've heard of this and I think it sounds great, but it also seems to be very new. I can find only a very few number of doctors performing this procedure.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/11/2013 10:56 am

NO, no dermarolling on the nose! The nose heals differently for some reason and it could scar your nose more. I have done tons and tons of research (been rolling for almost 3 years) and everything I read says to stay away from rolling your nose. I have a couple of small scars on my nose (like enlarged poors) and I apply a pore minimizer. It's clear but fills in the holes (even semi big ones) so your nose looks so pretty and smooth.

tomwaits liked
MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/11/2013 4:49 pm

Ok, I don't think I will use a dermaroller on my nose. I don't think it's that big a deal, but I don't think it will really help the problem I have. I wish I could just get new skin on my nose and start fresh lol.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/13/2013 12:21 am

I have scarred pores AND acne scars on my nose...is there no hope for me? I was thinking of going for a mild laser since I heard so many warnings about nose treatments. :(

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/13/2013 5:01 pm

NO, no dermarolling on the nose! The nose heals differently for some reason and it could scar your nose more. I have done tons and tons of research (been rolling for almost 3 years) and everything I read says to stay away from rolling your nose. I have a couple of small scars on my nose (like enlarged poors) and I apply a pore minimizer. It's clear but fills in the holes (even semi big ones) so your nose looks so pretty and smooth.

What product do you use? Is this make up?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/14/2013 5:26 pm

On 11/13/2013 at 12:21 AM, Eheheh said:

I have scarred pores AND acne scars on my nose...is there no hope for me? I was thinking of going for a mild laser since I heard so many warnings about nose treatments.

Hey I saw the picture you posted and your nose does not look bad! I've got similar problems, and I don't think laser is the best option. I've seen lots of people reporting that laser did nothing for ice pick type scars. I think you should look into needling or tca cross. Here's a quote from someone on here who did tca cross on their nose.

"Someone on the TCA string posted Dr. Mary Dobry, MD, a Derm. in La Jolla, CA who does it regularly. I visited her and had 2 TCA Cross -100%. It closed two very very large icepicks on my nose. It improved two other huge icepicks on my nose. I subsequently did TCA 50% self administered, purchased online through Loganwood, and after four more TCA 50%, these two icepicks have closed 95%, and are barely detectable."

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/14/2013 9:45 pm

Clinique Pore Minimizer. There's one for darker skin tones and light skin. It goes on clear and fills in the holes. You can't even tell you have it on. I heard it had been discontinued but I bought a whole bunch of tubes so I still use it. I paid 21 dollars for the small tube but it lasts forever.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/14/2013 10:32 pm

I have scarred pores AND acne scars on my nose...is there no hope for me? I was thinking of going for a mild laser since I heard so many warnings about nose treatments. sad.png

Hey I saw the picture you posted and your nose does not look bad! I've got similar problems, and I don't think laser is the best option. I've seen lots of people reporting that laser did nothing for ice pick type scars. I think you should look into needling or tca cross. Here's a quote from someone on here who did tca cross on their nose.

"Someone on the TCA string posted Dr. Mary Dobry, MD, a Derm. in La Jolla, CA who does it regularly. I visited her and had 2 TCA Cross -100%. It closed two very very large icepicks on my nose. It improved two other huge icepicks on my nose. I subsequently did TCA 50% self administered, purchased online through Loganwood, and after four more TCA 50%, these two icepicks have closed 95%, and are barely detectable."

I actually called a cosmetic surgery place today, and they told me the same thing, that lasers won't help ice pick scars. They said it'll help the boxcars though and those are the ugliest one (:

Than you for sharing that quote! I looked up the doctor and she seems pretty good at what she does. There's hope for my icepick yet!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/14/2013 11:08 pm

If you guys try tca cross. Please update us on the results.

An eheheh, i can totally relate to you.

I read that, the nearer the scar to the tip of the nose, the more likely it will worsen after a treatment. I'd be cautious with scars near the tip.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/16/2013 2:11 am

If you guys try tca cross. Please update us on the results.

An eheheh, i can totally relate to you.

I read that, the nearer the scar to the tip of the nose, the more likely it will worsen after a treatment. I'd be cautious with scars near the tip.

My boxcars are about the middle section, but my icepick is nearer to the tip. I guess I'll leave that one alone. Thanks for the advice! I've been combing the forums for info on treating nose scars. (:

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/16/2013 3:04 am

TCA peels are the way to go huh? What about scar filler injections?

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 11/06/2014 2:32 am

TCA peels are the way to go huh? What about scar filler injections?

I feel for you guys. Yes I heard that TCA cross could actually heal nose scars, could those be indented, ice pick, pored. Anyone with success regarding these? I tried massaging them with oil but I did not see any improvement. What I noticed is that when I don't massage it or don't do anything to it, the scarred pore seems to close. Please let us know if you had any success stories regarding this. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 05/14/2018 3:34 am

Well anyone get some results I have same problem

@paigems now 5 years tell me any improvement you get please