Notifications
Clear all

Which One Works Best For Deep Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@shiningrstar)

Posted : 05/09/2013 10:35 pm

I have some deep acne scars on my face.

I have been seeing a dermatologist for a couple of months now and have been doing the light breeze laser.There has been some improvement but the deep ones are still there.

Recently, he suggested that I switch to fractional laser which I'm honestly uncomfortable about trying. For one, I heard that it hurts a lot and I have to "hide away" for about a week untill the burn subsides. It's also quite expensive and , I believe, to be not as effective as subcision which is more targeted and less expensive.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had subcision or punch excision done for their rolled or box scars? If so:

-Were (both/either) effective? To what extent?

- Degree of pain experienced?

- Expense?

Thanks surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@maiurr)

Posted : 05/09/2013 10:51 pm

If you're light skinned get subcision followed by Fraxel Repair. There have been enough scientific journals that have proven its efficacy. Stay away from punch excision, it has the potential to make scars much worse if your body is not genetically programmed to heal in a certain way. For subcision and Fraxel the only way to go is up in terms of improvement. If 1-2 weeks of hiding is going to deter you from choosing the absolute best laser, then I have nothing to say.