Notifications
Clear all

How To Conceal Acne Scars (As A Guy)

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:48 am

Ok first of all, a little about the scars I have on my face. I have some indented scars (from acne) on the left side of my face that don't the greatest in certain lighting situations. I don't know exactly what they are called, but most of them are small oval shaped indents.

My question is: What can I do, as a guy, that will conceal these? (I'd prefer a non-makeup solution if possible)

The scarring really isn't super bad, and I know I probably shouldn't be worrying about it, but it would be nice even just to have a small amount of concealment for them.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:53 am

Foundation and concealer is pretty much the only way to cover them up, that i've found at least. Being a guy, i know it's difficult to bring yourself to doing something so girly but i guess it depends on how bad you want them covered.

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:01 am

Is it obvious that you have makeup on your face when you use that stuff? If it is, I don't want to mess with it, but if it looks pretty natural with it, than I might give it a try.

Also, I've never used any kind of concealer/foundation so, what do you buy when you go to get something like that?

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:13 am

Is it obvious that you have makeup on your face when you use that stuff? If it is, I don't want to mess with it, but if it looks pretty natural with it, than I might give it a try.

Also, I've never used any kind of concealer/foundation so, what do you buy when you go to get something like that?

It depends on the severity of the scarring and how good you are at blending it in with your skin. I wear it when i go out somewhere and i've never had anyone call me out on it. It's like a "fake instant cure". Go to your local drugstore and find a liquid foundation that matches your skin tone and just use a dab where your scars are. Make sure to go when it's not busy, a dude shopping for make-up might get you some strange looks haha.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:42 am

I'd suggest BB cream. It's super easy to apply, and pretty much not even noticeable at all even if you're a guy. You just rub it in like lotion, it evens out the texture of your skin, and then at the end of the day you just wash it off.

If you go the concealer/foundation route it's gonna be way more complicated with all kinds of stuff you gotta do, like you gotta buy specific washes and stuff to get the make-up off your skin, it's just a bunch of work and I'm way too lazy for that. I commend girls for going through all that effort, haha...but as a guy you're probably like me and you don't wanna waste a ton of time with something like that.

So yeah, I'd suggest a good BB cream. Rub it in, all good, wash it off at the end the day. Simple & easy!

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 05/01/2013 3:15 am

I'd suggest BB cream. It's super easy to apply, and pretty much not even noticeable at all even if you're a guy. You just rub it in like lotion, it evens out the texture of your skin, and then at the end of the day you just wash it off.

If you go the concealer/foundation route it's gonna be way more complicated with all kinds of stuff you gotta do, like you gotta buy specific washes and stuff to get the make-up off your skin, it's just a bunch of work and I'm way too lazy for that. I commend girls for going through all that effort, haha...but as a guy you're probably like me and you don't wanna waste a ton of time with something like that.

So yeah, I'd suggest a good BB cream. Rub it in, all good, wash it off at the end the day. Simple & easy!

Ok this sounds promising! Do you have any recommendations for which stuff in particular to use?

Also, I have no idea how to choose which color to use for my skin... I have pretty pale skin

MemberMember
(@exhibit_n)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:10 pm

Yup, I saw a scar filler product on Anderson Cooper's show a while back called Dermaflage. I did a lot of research on it and decided to place an order, I'll post a review of the product if I have success with it, I heard you have to carefully follow the instructions but it's supposed to completely fill in acne scars.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:07 pm

Ok this sounds promising! Do you have any recommendations for which stuff in particular to use?

Also, I have no idea how to choose which color to use for my skin... I have pretty pale skin

Whenever I've used it in the past, I just get the Garnier brand from Walmart. It's called Miracle Skin Perfecter, and it comes in shades for light to medium skin or darker skin. I'm really pale too and I usually use light to medium, blends in nicely.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:21 pm

Maybelline do a good BB cream. I'm superrrrr pale in real life and it was a tad darker than my skin but I used the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream because it's oil free. It's never clogged my pores or made my acne breakouts worse. Here's a pic:

dream-fresh-bb_pack-shot_122337.png

MemberMember
(@anthony180)

Posted : 05/07/2013 4:48 pm

will these bb creams work for a brown mark?