Notifications
Clear all

Red Scars After Kojic And Hydroquinone!

MemberMember
(@dinu630)

Posted : 02/11/2013 3:33 am

I was having many darks spots and all my efforts were going in vain. So I consulted a dermatologist and she prescribed me kojic dipalmitate+octinoxate+allantoin and another cream which contains hydroquinone+tretinoin+fluocinolone and asked me to to apply in 1:2 ratio.

I have used hydroquinone+tretinoin+fluocinolone cream for over a month and It worked. So I believe my skin is used to the cream so why is it my skin is so red?

My doctor even gave me calamine to apply during the day time and other cream in the night.(I had holidays so I stayed home) My skin improved after applying calamine but now it is so red.

Please help. Please suggest and advice me on what to do. It's been 3 days since I started applying and it is still red. Please help.

Sorry I forgot to rotate the images smile.png But please help me everybody. I did not attend my first day of college due to this and this is really affecting my social life. PLEASE HELP!!!!

post-178372-0-68120900-1360571606_thumb.

post-178372-0-23908700-1360571625_thumb.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/11/2013 5:30 am

is it red because of the creams, or the creams just didnt help?

MemberMember
(@dinu630)

Posted : 02/11/2013 5:40 am

It is become more red because of the creams. :(

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:14 am

Your skin will always be redder while on tretinoin. When you're applying tretinoin everyday the upper layer of skin is thinner while the lower layer of skin is getting thicker (more collagen). Because the upper layer is thinner the redness from the blood supply is more visible.

You should always be using suncreen and avoiding the sun while on tretinoin.

MemberMember
(@dinu630)

Posted : 02/12/2013 5:23 am

Your skin will always be redder while on tretinoin. When you're applying tretinoin everyday the upper layer of skin is thinner while the lower layer of skin is getting thicker (more collagen). Because the upper layer is thinner the redness from the blood supply is more visible.

Yes I have been avoiding the sun and using a sun block of SPF 50 but I need to attend college tomorrow and my skin is very red,

Should I stop tretinoin? I stopped and have been moisturizing and I tried calamine too to soothe it down. But nothing is working. Please tell me how to lower the redness.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/12/2013 8:49 pm

Yes I have been avoiding the sun and using a sun block of SPF 50 but I need to attend college tomorrow and my skin is very red,

Should I stop tretinoin? I stopped and have been moisturizing and I tried calamine too to soothe it down. But nothing is working. Please tell me how to lower the redness.

It will take weeks for your skin to go back to how it was before tretinoin. There really isn't much you can do until then. However, the CeraVe AM (lotion with sunscreen) or CeraVe PM (just lotion) contains niacinamide, which helps bring the redness down. I use it myself every day.

Unfortunately sometimes tretinoin causes the growth of new blood vessels. If weeks have gone by and your skin has not reverted, it is possible that tretinoin caused new blood vessels that now make your skin appear more red. This is rare, though.

MemberMember
(@bucelee)

Posted : 02/26/2013 5:22 pm

hydroquinone makes your skin red i dont know for how long as soon as i got redness i stopped