Notifications
Clear all

Is Hydroquinone Effective On Red Acne Marks?

MemberMember
(@jordany)

Posted : 01/23/2013 2:31 pm

According to SpringOasis from a yahoo article they submitted...

"Hydroquinone is a topical treatment in a gel or cream form used for hyperpigmentation. It is generally advised for patients suffering from hyperpigmented areas such as age spots, cholasma, melasma, and freckles, and those whose spots or marks are brown versus red in color. For this reason, a wide group of acne sufferers with red marks from acne do not see much improvement with hydroquinone."

Okay so is hydroquinone effective on red acne marks of are they not? I get a lot of mixed answers and I dont want to waste my time.

MemberMember
(@moonlite)

Posted : 01/24/2013 1:18 am

I'm not sure how effective/ ineffective it is on red marks but I'm gonna try it for a month. I bought an otc hydroquinone treatment called Nadinola which contains 3% HQ. I know Alldaychemist sells one with 4% HQ but they don't ship to Canada. I'm sick and tired of waiting for my red marks to fade naturally. Screw time tongue.png I want to find something that works.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/04/2013 9:57 am

Don't waste your time.Hydroquinone is for melasma a.k.a brown marks.

MemberMember
(@jordany)

Posted : 02/09/2013 5:45 pm

thx

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:16 am

Sometimes there is a fine line between "brown" and "red" marks. Some of my marks are a reddish brown. I find that hydroquinone improves the general skin tone and the marks a bit as well.