Notifications
Clear all

Can This Scar Benefit From Dermarolling Treatment? Pics Included

MemberMember
(@theramopoloy)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:06 pm

I apologize for not knowing too much about dermarolling. I feel a bit silly caring about a small scar on my forehead, but I'm pretty self-conscious about it. There is an enlarged pore near the scar which occasionally fills with a very small amount of pus (I don't have acne at all besides this permanent pore - I mention this because I know you're not supposed to treat scars when you have active lesions).

Anyway, I was hoping that some of the more expert members here might be able to tell me whether dermarolling could be of some benefit to me? There are different needle sizes correct? Is there a specific size you'd recommend? Is there an alternative treatment that might be more effective for this type of scar?

post-190478-0-10191600-1355548378_thumb.

Edit: I probably shouldn't show my whole face!

post-190478-0-10191600-1355548378_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/16/2012 5:15 am

Hiya Right!

Looks to me to be a rolling scar and yes, Dermarolling would help! I had my fourth Dermarolling treatment done two days ago so I can answer questions if you have any.

Personally I would never attempt treatments at home, but this is your call. I always see a professional trained in administering treatments. 1.5mm needle length is required to reach and break up scar tissue. Anything less than this will not yield the results you're after. You will need to wait 6-8 weeks between each treatment to ensure that your collagen builds up through its many stages.

xx