Notifications
Clear all

Before And After Laser Treatment

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/10/2012 8:45 am

I actually giveup after trying laser treatment twice. it didnt do much.. hardly noticable result.. and i tried dermaroller once.. but i know thats not gonna work either. so can somebody suggest me some effective treatment.. I recently visit dermatologist and he suggested me 4-6 times CO2 laser and 4-5 times tca cross technique all togther. and really money is not the problem . but i dont wanna waste my time on something which not gonna work. please suggest me some effective treatment.. and also i want to know how to hide acne scars for guys.. like some concealer or something to hide these scars

post-189342-0-02227700-1352554664_thumb.

post-189342-0-37117100-1352554665_thumb.

post-189342-0-65623300-1352554666_thumb.

post-189342-0-02227700-1352554664_thumb.

post-189342-0-37117100-1352554665_thumb.

post-189342-0-65623300-1352554666_thumb.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 11/10/2012 12:07 pm

Linear scars on your forehead, Depressed scars on your cheeks along with some rolling scars.

That's all I can see from your photos. I don't see any ice pick scarring.

Have you looked into punch elevation? There are dermal fillers too. The fillers aren't permanent but they work the quickest to level out scars.

I'm a 23 year old woman and I have had my scars for 7 years. I have yet to find any makeup tips that totally conceal scars. They're is this stuff called derma silk. They have a whole line of skin plumping wrinkle reducing/filling topical serums. I've been tempted to try out some of them. You can find this stuff at drugstore chains.

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:43 pm

thanks for the response.. if i do derma filler it can give me quick result? but i hope it doesn't involve risk.. CO2 is really painful. im a guy but trust me these lasers treatments are not easy. specially when u have lot of scars.. but rightnow im ready to pay anything and take any pain.. just want atleast 50% result. i know nothing can give 100% atleast if it make it 50% i will be more than happy. and by the way im from india..

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:06 pm

Hello I would like to share a few pictures with you guys before i had any laser treatment this picture were taken on 2009 with a 5mp camera with average lighting. and the above pictures were taken with 8mp with good lighting and in closeup mode.

post-189342-0-70383600-1352581386_thumb.

post-189342-0-54499100-1352581390_thumb.

post-189342-0-69402500-1352581394_thumb.

post-189342-0-70383600-1352581386_thumb.

post-189342-0-54499100-1352581390_thumb.

post-189342-0-69402500-1352581394_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/10/2012 9:34 pm

Hiya!

Sorry to hear you've not been happy with your previous scar treatments. You have moderate-severe scarring that you really need to be aggressive with when considering treatment options. I would combine multiple treatment options. The CO2 laser is actually a good suggestion by your doctor but be prepared for a lot of downtime while you heal. Another good option for you, especially your forehead area, is subscision and HA-based fillers like Restylane. Why not ask your doctor about all three of these? TCA cross I'm not really sure about as I haven't done much research on it.

You only had one treatment of the Dermaroller, which really isn't enough to judge whether it will work for you or not. My first session of Dermarolling produced little-no improvement but after the second I was amazed. I have just had my third treatment and am excited. I have mild rolling scars but they were once very similar to the scars on your cheeks. I have also had 5 sessions of Fraxel Re:Store which were good but if I could have my money back I would have had the CO2.

As for concealer, I've heard good things about Dermaflage ( http://www.dermaflage.com/ ). It may work well for your forehead area since your scars there are a little deeper. I've never used it though so I can't give you any personal information. :) Worth looking into though.

Boost your intake of Vitamin C and zinc while you're going through treatment, and wear sunscreen everyday without fail!

Overall, be patient and gentle with your skin. I know it's heart-breaking and frustrating but if you commit yourself to finding a solution then you will go far. Don't let it get the better of you. Our acne scars should not define who we are. xx

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/11/2012 1:30 am

Thanks for the quick responses, Yes I had dermaroller treatment once only.. but i had 2 laser treatment too.. i dont know why. but when i compare before and after pictures.. i see the old scars were better.. and plus i had accupressure and acupuncture too its a chinese treatment and they said it can help to fade scars.. and they scammed me for big money there.. i dint see any result. I am getting married in a few weeks. Rightnow I just want to hide these ugly scars. my girl friend is ok with my scars.. but i dont want my scars to look bad in the lighting. it just gives very low confidence. derma filler i heard is temporary can someone suggest would it be ok for my scars? and can it hide my scars on some extend? I would be happy with 40 to 50% result also.. I am asking you guys bcoz here in my place the dermatologist all are thieves.. they dont care the problem of someone. but they just want to scam you.

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/12/2012 2:58 pm

Hey guys im going to have fillers soon.. im asking to pay $1200 for these scars bcoz the doctor has said it will take 2 syringes bcoz of my heavy scars.. i want to know if it can competely hide my scars or it will just make a little improvement? its not permanent also.

MemberMember
(@jalbrig444)

Posted : 11/12/2012 6:01 pm

1. Victim of Scars. I have had silicon fillers and they do NOT completely hide your scars, but it will improve them. It will help reduce them but not take the away completely. It is very expensive to keep up with a non permanent filler. I would do the filler and in the meantime use the topical cream I recommended in my post before. It is called NeriumAD. It has helped smooth my scars and it has only been 3 weeks, which you can see in my before and after pics. I have been researching and doing things for my indented acne scars for 10 years,, have experienced a lot.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:28 pm

You will need to treat your scars at high intensity or you will not achieve the results you are looking for. As you can tell by my signature I have had 5 Fraxel Re:pairs at 70mj.

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:42 pm

ok but i wanna use fillers right now because i don't have time for laser treatments this year.. you think fillers can hide my scars pretty well?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/13/2012 8:14 pm

I cannot speak intelligently about fillers since I have never done that.

MemberMember
(@victimofacnescars)

Posted : 11/14/2012 12:56 pm

I am Planning to do it next week.. When I check on google its all photoshopped scammers cant figure out how much it can change.. don't know if any guys here had fillers they can tell me about it.. actually the dermatologist has said it will cover scars.. but hes not saying how much.. and i don't want to waste $1200 for a little improvement..

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:41 am

I haven't had fillers either but I haven't ruled them out. Whatever you do do not go with silicone, it's nasty. It's considered permanent yes, but it's permanent as in it is almost impossible to remove once it's injected. So if you have a problem with it later down the track (especially as you age) you may be in for a shock.

I suggest doing research on HA based fillers like Restylane. There is even something that I personally think is one step better than your average filler and that is something called Airgent. Look into that also. When you first read up about it it just seems like a filler but it isn't. It's both a filler and a way to promote collagen formation deep in the skin. It's almost like a cross between a filler and skin needling. Worth a look, and might be cheaper than the $1200 quoted to you (although you will need multiple treatments to see a big difference). I have not had this procedure done but I am considering giving it a try.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/16/2012 5:16 pm

Hey guys im going to have fillers soon.. im asking to pay $1200 for these scars bcoz the doctor has said it will take 2 syringes bcoz of my heavy scars.. i want to know if it can competely hide my scars or it will just make a little improvement? its not permanent also.

I haven't tried fillers either, but based on what's been shared with me by other members, I don't think 2 syringes, especially without subcision, will completely hide your scars. Did your doctor tell you this was possible? If so, I would question the doctor. I've seen people get fillers done on just a few scars with subcision, and they didn't even experience 50% improvement after two filler sessions. Looking at your pictures, I just don't see how it's possible to completely hide them without several sessions of subcision combined with filler. Even then, I think you can only hope for a percentage of improvement.

Hopefully, someone with filler experience will post to this thread. There are many on the forum.

What kind of filler did your doctor recommend?

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 11/21/2012 9:46 am

Filler would help your scars, but not skin texture or scar marks. You'll maybe see 30%-50%(max) improvement. Make sure your doctor sub your scars with needle first before filler injection to create a pocket for the fillers, otherwise you'll most likely get doughnut effect. Do not overfill...it causes lumps and they look bad...!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/22/2012 11:23 am

I really also think you should consider Botox.