Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me With Acne Scar

MemberMember
(@roody)

Posted : 11/06/2012 2:00 am

I am twenty-eight-year old, have been suffering from acne for about twelve years. Because of my father's ignorance and stubbornness,every time I told him that the acne plagued me every much, and asked him to take me to hospital for treatment, he said "No matter how ugly your are, as long as you are every powerful and rich, nobody will care your ugliness.". He didn't take me to hospital, resulting in my acne becoming more and more serious. Right now sometimes I can't help but recall what he said, feeling every sad and depressed.

My acne was inflammatory ten years ago,leaving some pretty ugly scar on my face and making me every depressed, sometimes I even want to commit suicide. Although I went to dermatological department several times to ask for advice, the doctor said those scar is every difficult to remove, if take operation, the treatment may make your scar worse, and just prescribed me some ointment. but those ointment work little for me.

I learn that there is a kind of ointment called Mederma which works well for scar,but I never use it. I have attached my acne picture, Is this medicine applicable for me? Are there other better treatments for my scar? Please kindly give me some advice, Thanks in advance.

post-188811-0-62702100-1352185185_thumb.

post-188811-0-62702100-1352185185_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/06/2012 2:44 am

Hi Roody!

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that your father didn't take you seriously when you told him about your acne. My parents were similar in that they thought I was beautiful no matter what. So, sometimes the people closest to us are not the best to seek advice for these kinds of things.

But there is hope, so whatever you do, don't give up!

You have some mixed scarring on your cheeks. I think I can see mild rolling and icepick scars. On your jawline you look like you have what's called keloid scarring, or hypertrophic scarring. That is, scarring that is raised. No topicals or creams help with scarring, so don't be sucked in to purchasing creams that promise to rid your scars.

I don't claim to know much about raised scarring as I have rolling scars but, I know that there are lasers on the market that can treat your type of scarring. I also know that cortisone injections and/or surgical excision are other good options on the market. The best thing you can do is research what's out there and research which doctors in your area are the best to see. The more you read up on what works for others the closer you'll get to finding something that will help for you. I think there is a separate forum on these boards for raised scarring. Might be worth putting a post in there too.

I wish you all the best! Chin up, keep fighting!

MemberMember
(@roody)

Posted : 11/06/2012 8:15 pm

Hi Quirky Fox, Thanks for your post every much, it gives me a lot of encouragement. I will go to better hospital to ask for full evaluation of my scar, and take proper treatment.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 11/07/2012 2:57 am

Its very important that you can forgive the people in your life who may have hurt you. We all go through things in life that are less than appealing. That is just a part of bieng a real living, breathing, human bieng. Im sure your father meant no harm whatsoever and you must remember that even your father may have his reasons for maybe not being sensitive enough to your needs at the time. The more you live the more you learn to love unconditionally. Atleast thats the way its supposed to go. If its any compensation I think your skin looks absolutely fine. But hey, sometimes getting improvements in certain areas of life can feel good. Once we can realize that we are all one, we will realize that were really not forgiving the other person, we are forgiving ourself.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/07/2012 3:20 am

Hi Quirky Fox, Thanks for your post every much, it gives me a lot of encouragement. I will go to better hospital to ask for full evaluation of my scar, and take proper treatment.

You're welcome Roody. I really hope you find something that helps you. Just promise you won't give up on yourself! Think of yourself as a work in progress... the only way from here is up!

Its very important that you can forgive the people in your life who may have hurt you. We all go through things in life that are less than appealing. That is just a part of bieng a real living, breathing, human bieng. Im sure your father meant no harm whatsoever and you must remember that even your father may have his reasons for maybe not being sensitive enough to your needs at the time. The more you live the more you learn to love unconditionally. Atleast thats the way its supposed to go. If its any compensation I think your skin looks absolutely fine. But hey, sometimes getting improvements in certain areas of life can feel good. Once we can realize that we are all one, we will realize that were really not forgiving the other person, we are forgiving ourself.

🙂 I agree! It's hard to hold grudges and I think it puts a huge strain on your psyche. Forgiving someone can be hard but in the end you're the one who benefits the most.