Notifications
Clear all

Laviv, Subcision, And Matrix Co2 Fractional Laser

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 07/24/2012 10:02 pm

According to the website you linked me, TokyoGirl, I did have the punch excisions performed on me. I only had the grafts done on 3 locations on my left cheek.

I have been a little confused on the correct terms to use, because my cosmetic derm has never used the words "excision" or "subcision" in reference to the procedures she performed on me, except for when she operated on the one rolling scar I have. She told me she was performing subcision on that particular scar. She always used the term "punch floats" to describe the other procedures she performed on me.

I believe "punch float" and "punch excision with a skin graft" are basically the same thing. At times, skin is taken from behind your ear and floated over a scar that's been excised. For boxcar scars, I believe they cut out the base of scar & float that skin up. At least, that's my understanding.

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 07/25/2012 12:21 am

According to the website you linked me, TokyoGirl, I did have the punch excisions performed on me. I only had the grafts done on 3 locations on my left cheek.

I have been a little confused on the correct terms to use, because my cosmetic derm has never used the words "excision" or "subcision" in reference to the procedures she performed on me, except for when she operated on the one rolling scar I have. She told me she was performing subcision on that particular scar. She always used the term "punch floats" to describe the other procedures she performed on me.

I believe "punch float" and "punch excision with a skin graft" are basically the same thing.

It makes sense to me.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/25/2012 1:43 pm

i'm going to take this risk! ive only bought one treatment of laser to give it a try if it works i will have it again if not i wont.. I dont think he will laser at the strongest settings so i assume risks will be low..look at subcision.. NOW i know it works i will have it done again!

ive actually heard of people that have gotten decent results from Isolagen and since it has very little sideeffects im willing to give it a go..i'm fed up with my scars and will take pretty much any risk..if the treatments dont work out i will just do recell next yr smile.png

do you work ? or are your parents rich? lol thats alot of $$$ you spent and plan to spend if things dont work out. I wish i lived in the US, my chances would be alot higher in getting decent results

i agree with you,chances in countries like usa or uk are very good, i hope that if i was english or american man:) , may be this give me a chance to fix my scars quickly!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/10/2012 2:01 pm

okay guys just got back from my 2nd laviv injection...to this day ive had 1 subcision and 2 lavivs and i can clearly see that the depth of my scars and skin tone have improved about 30 percent..the dr also spoke about how the laviv will keep improving the skin/scars for many months afterwards..my next treatment will be september 5th for another injection of laviv..lastly i will be getting the co2 fraxel towards the end of september and he wants to prepare my skin by applying retin a and bleaching cream everyday for 6 weeks until my laser procedure..what do you guys think about this? what is the best pretreatment for fraxel laser? thnx alot!

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 08/10/2012 9:22 pm

okay guys just got back from my 2nd laviv injection...to this day ive had 1 subcision and 2 lavivs and i can clearly see that the depth of my scars and skin tone have improved about 30 percent..the dr also spoke about how the laviv will keep improving the skin/scars for many months afterwards..my next treatment will be september 5th for another injection of laviv..lastly i will be getting the co2 fraxel towards the end of september and he wants to prepare my skin by applying retin a and bleaching cream everyday for 6 weeks until my laser procedure..what do you guys think about this? what is the best pretreatment for fraxel laser? thnx alot!

Hoping for the best for you. You deserve it, after your tireless research! Aren't you just finally ready for that darn ReCell to be approved in the U.S.?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/10/2012 9:36 pm

ya i really cant wait...with recell laser treatments will be a breeze!

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 08/10/2012 9:47 pm

ya i really cant wait...with recell laser treatments will be a breeze!

I can't wait! I would love to have it done over a couple skin grafts and surgical scars.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/10/2012 10:12 pm

I can see the difference between recell and laviv now. Your derm is using laviv to raise the depth of scars for the fraxel to be a one off treatment. Its kind of like a filler but a natural one. Have you seen any before and after pictures for this treatment? Combination of laviv and recell will be the ultimate treatment.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/11/2012 5:25 am

only place i can find before/after pictures for laviv is in this presentation by the company

http://www.fibrocellscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/FCS-Investor_Presentation.pdf

"your derm is using laviv to raise the depth of scars for the fraxel to be a one off treatment."

thats exactly what my derm is doing he is trying to raise my scars with laviv/subcision and top it off with a light fraxel to fix the redness and discoloration of my scars

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/11/2012 3:25 pm

glad to see you got some improvement s far. keep us updated, i hope to use laviv soon

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 08/12/2012 5:15 am

waitingforacure, are you getting subcision and laviv the same day or do you need each treatment on separate days? what is the minimum time frame between the treatments in your experience?

thank you?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/12/2012 5:18 am

Also, did you had to wait three months prior to the treatment for the culture to process?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/12/2012 10:14 am

there were at least a 3 week gap between each treatment ive had...i dont think it really matters for the timeframe between each treatment as long as its not too drastic like more than 6 weeks...and yes binga i had to wait 3 months for the culture to process..

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 08/13/2012 7:30 pm

there were at least a 3 week gap between each treatment ive had...i dont think it really matters for the timeframe between each treatment as long as its not too drastic like more than 6 weeks...and yes binga i had to wait 3 months for the culture to process..

Do you think I could have subcision done on a friday and go to school on monday? Just wondering what you thought about it? Im only having it done on one scar to start and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/13/2012 7:47 pm

it really depends on the depth of the scar and how deep the dr will subcise; for me i had very deep scars so he went deep..i was swollen for 4-5 days and bruised for 7-10 days..u can go back to school monday but u will be swollen/bruised..i'd recommend taking monday off

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 08/26/2012 3:55 pm

Hey there! I was wondering how your healing was going! How are things looking, waitingforacure?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/26/2012 11:00 pm

hey things are good! i still see a 30% improvement..i have a laviv coming up this friday and then a laser end of next month..illl keep u guys updated

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 08/27/2012 10:23 pm

hey things are good! i still see a 30% improvement..i have a laviv coming up this friday and then a laser end of next month..illl keep u guys updated

I thought it might be time for you to have a treatment coming up. Yes, please let us know. I am excited to hear about it!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/31/2012 12:02 pm

I just got back from 3rd laviv injection and he said i will need a 4th injection of laviv right after fraxel..the doctor also mentioned for the first time about trying Selphyl he said it will give further improvement..he wanted to mix the selphyl with fat but unfortunately he could not find any fat on me lol so that was out of the question sad.png he will give me a test spot for fraxel in the next 3-4 weeks and if it works well he will proceed with the full face..has anyone here tried selphyl/prp before?? and does it work for scars? i would like to hear ur thoughts on it..thnx!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/03/2012 4:59 pm

I just got back from 3rd laviv injection and he said i will need a 4th injection of laviv right after fraxel..the doctor also mentioned for the first time about trying Selphyl he said it will give further improvement..he wanted to mix the selphyl with fat but unfortunately he could not find any fat on me lol so that was out of the question sad.png he will give me a test spot for fraxel in the next 3-4 weeks and if it works well he will proceed with the full face..has anyone here tried selphyl/prp before?? and does it work for scars? i would like to hear ur thoughts on it..thnx!

wait so to date youve had 3 laviv sessions with some subcision. what are your results right now? is there any improvement at all?

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 09/03/2012 11:00 pm

yes 3 lavivs and 1 subcision. the depth of my scars have improved about 35-40% and the skin texture of my scars have improved also...so im quite happy thus far! i think with the laviv the scars will keep improving with time..

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 09/03/2012 11:34 pm

yes 3 lavivs and 1 subcision. the depth of my scars have improved about 35-40% and the skin texture of my scars have improved also...so im quite happy thus far! i think with the laviv the scars will keep improving with time..

So happy for you. I can't wait to hear about more improvement as you continue to update. Keep us posted! rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 09/18/2012 9:56 pm

only place i can find before/after pictures for laviv is in this presentation by the company

http://www.fibrocell...resentation.pdf

"your derm is using laviv to raise the depth of scars for the fraxel to be a one off treatment."

thats exactly what my derm is doing he is trying to raise my scars with laviv/subcision and top it off with a light fraxel to fix the redness and discoloration of my scars

It's been a little over a month, so I was wondering how things are going over there on your end, waitingforacure. Hoping all the best for you! rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:19 am

Hi waitingforacure,

How are you progressing with treatment? Any additional improvement?

Hoping for the best!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 10/12/2012 1:30 pm

i still see 30-40% improvement..im getting selphyl done next month and fracitonal laser in december..