Notifications
Clear all

HELP! TCA PEEL BURN

MemberMember
(@bunnyvanity)

Posted : 03/08/2011 7:00 pm

FREAKED OUT!!! PLEASE HELP TRIED TCA PEEL ON LARGE AREA OF MY BACK TO GET RID OF POST ACNE SCARRING.

OK! So I know a lot of people do these things at home and they shouldn't I KNOW but yeah whats done is done and I REALLY DONT want to go to a dermatologist any time soon IF you guys put my mind at ease OR OFFER ADVUCE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

so i tried a tca peel at home and i had already done it a month ago. Ive done ALOT of research and took precautions so this makes me really sad.

So when I did it before my skin barely changed color and it flaked off didn't really peel.THIS TIME HOWEVER. I waited a full 3 minutes to wash off the acid to get the full effect even though it stung a lot.

THE SKIN FROSTED REALLY WHITE. I was cool at this point because there was no bleeding etc and its normal for this color change to happen..... I just found the amount of pain OUT OF THE ORDINARY. (ITS BEEN 19 hours and it's throbbing even though I"m on aspirin and ibuprofen AND topical/antibiotic/pain relief cream. :(((( )

The skin was BRIGHT PINK and turned DARK brown in about 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours after the peel. ----->As far as I knew the skin scabs and turns brown a 2-3 days after the procedure. RIGHT?? ISNT THIS TOO SOON?

IM REALLY FREAKED OUT!!!!! As I think my skin has hyperpigmented and will stay this way and will scar. I read this is common for olive/mediumskin tones.

I've taken all the right steps for after the peel, (emu oil, antiobiotics, anti inflammatories pills, vitamins).

Am i freaking out prematurely? or was it too soon for it to turn brown?? ITS REALLY FREAKEN DARK!

PLEASE HELP! AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!

~M

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 03/08/2011 7:03 pm

Get someone to slather on petroleum jelly or aquaphor over your whole back. The brown color is normal for a DEEP PEEL. TCA is self-neutralizing but if there are other ingredients in the peel like glycolic acid, those needed to be neutralized. Slather on that petroleum jelly for a few days. I'd strongly recommend going to a doctor, too.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 03/08/2011 7:12 pm

You should go to Wal-green and buy the second skin moist burn pads and have someone tape them to your back, one square is fairly large, but you may need more than one. They are cooling and healing and will help you sleep. I'd keep them taped there for a few days, if the pain doesn't go away soon, you should go to the doctor.

MemberMember
(@bunnyvanity)

Posted : 03/08/2011 7:18 pm

You should go to Wal-green and buy the second skin moist burn pads and have someone tape them to your back, one square is fairly large, but you may need more than one. They are cooling and healing and will help you sleep. I'd keep them taped there for a few days, if the pain doesn't go away soon, you should go to the doctor.

Thank you so much! I will get these asap! 😀 I literally could not sleep all night. Hopefully this helps. 🙂 THanks!!!

MemberMember
(@bunnyvanity)

Posted : 03/08/2011 7:20 pm

Get someone to slather on petroleum jelly or aquaphor over your whole back. The brown color is normal for a DEEP PEEL. TCA is self-neutralizing but if there are other ingredients in the peel like glycolic acid, those needed to be neutralized. Slather on that petroleum jelly for a few days. I'd strongly recommend going to a doctor, too.

I neutralized with baking soda/water mixture. I'll slather on the entire drug store's section of petroleum jelly!! >=O! Thanks so much!

~M

MemberMember
(@nouldiadgmail-com)

Posted : 05/28/2022 1:20 am

What happened? I got a 30% Tca peel last month and now have hyperpigmentation all over my back from my esthetician. Im using fade bright and red light therapy but Im barley noticing it fade, Im so depressed over it. Did your skin heal?