Notifications
Clear all

Scars healing time

MemberMember
(@laura-jane)

Posted : 10/01/2007 3:11 am

Do you reakon its best to leave a scar 4 a longer period than 3 months after it was formed, before you look it 2 revision methods? because iv read some where that they can take 6 months after the injury/acne to be in there final state, meaning it could still change in appearence, or just be healing under the skin (i wouldnt wana mess wit this process) , so should i leave them. Or is it the sooner the better work is begun on a scar, as there is more chance of sucess because its so fresh?

(----- Does any one know 4 sure the actually length of time a scar take 2 be at it final state , where it will not change any more - cuz wot i read cud b wrong - the scar in question is still red)

Thanks xxxx

MemberMember
(@sweetheart519)

Posted : 10/16/2007 1:18 pm

My derm will not discuss scar treatments until a year has passed. She said some scars take up to a year to remodel themselves. I have elected to not touch them and let them heal naturally for a year, then see where I'm at.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/16/2007 1:52 pm

Scars can remodel themselves for up to two years. One year is sufficient waiting time, though. In the interim there are non-invasive things one can do to help them; topical retinoids, gentle massage, moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@sweetheart519)

Posted : 10/16/2007 10:10 pm

Scars can remodel themselves for up to two years. One year is sufficient waiting time, though. In the interim there are non-invasive things one can do to help them; topical retinoids, gentle massage, moisturizing.

Haha oh yeah, well I do use a retinoid, but it's primary purpose for me is controlling acne. And I've started some massaging from time to time. But nothing invasive, I mean. :)

MemberMember
(@david101)

Posted : 10/19/2007 4:09 am

i heard you should never touch scars untill about a year due to the risk of keloids that is i think scar tissue that keeps growing

MemberMember
(@sweetheart519)

Posted : 10/19/2007 2:47 pm

i heard you should never touch scars untill about a year due to the risk of keloids that is i think scar tissue that keeps growing

Keloid scarring is an abnormal healing process. I'm not sure how you could develop keloid scars unless you are already prone to them, but that's interesting.

MemberMember
(@soul78)

Posted : 10/19/2007 6:09 pm

People of darker skin, such as African Americans are actually prone to keloid scarring, it's lighter skinned individuals that rarely develop or have to worry about keloids.

MemberMember
(@sheroki)

Posted : 07/16/2016 2:45 am

Do you think this car will heal?

IMG_20160625_001254.JPG