Notifications
Clear all

Olay Regenerist Elixir As Aha Alternative? Is It Effective?

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 01/07/2014 3:28 am

Hi, has anyone here used Olay Regenerist Elixir? The one with Glycolic Acid? I want to try it as an alternative to Dan's AHA. How is it? Does it cause breakout? Is it effective in removing PIH?

You see, i'm from the Philippines and acne.org doesn't ship here for some strange whatever reason, but i found a way on how to order the products and get it delivered here. But the shipping cost is insane, almost the same price of the products i'm going to get from this site, very pricey. That's why i looked for the alternatives until i have the money to spend for the pricey shipping fee. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kennethacneproblems)

Posted : 01/07/2014 11:35 pm

i want to know too. it's very expensive, i went to a drugstore a couple days ago and saw it, and it was on sale but still freaking expensive. i live in canada and that tiny bottle costs $40 canadian dollars.....

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 01/14/2014 6:41 pm

I have gotten a 30% glycolic acid peel on Amazon from Perfect Image, and it worked just fine and wasn't very expensive. I used it once every two weeks initially, then once a month to maintain. My skin looks really good, and it's great for hyperpigmentation which I had. Not sure how it works on indented scars or ice pick scars. I doubt it would do anything to them. I wouldn't get more than 30% for home use. The stuff is pretty potent. You could also add a drop to your regular moisturizer instead of doing the full-face peel for more gradual, gentle results. I've done that, and it's fine.

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 02/26/2014 2:40 am

i want to know too. it's very expensive, i went to a drugstore a couple days ago and saw it, and it was on sale but still freaking expensive. i live in canada and that tiny bottle costs $40 canadian dollars.....

I think it works... but a bit slow. I bought it like last January and it kinda helps fade the red marks on my face. It's still there but not THAT noticeable anymore. It is expensive but it will last you like 1-2 months on a regular daily use. I just hate the fact that it feels sticky even hours after you put it on your face, and it balls up so you need to make sure you only apply enough for your face. Still using it while waiting for my order Dan's AHA to arrive.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 5:48 pm

Can you get the Alpha Hydrox brand? It's inexpensive and they disclose the concentrations.

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 02/26/2014 8:17 pm

Can you get the Alpha Hydrox brand? It's inexpensive and they disclose the concentrations.

No, it's not available here locally. You have to order it online via Amazon and have it shipped to the Philippines. But I already ordered Dan's AHA, so... we'll see. Pray for me, haha. Thanks for the suggestion though.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 8:23 pm

Oh, darn. Alpha Hydrox needs to expand more!

You're welcome! :)

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:43 pm

Oh, darn. Alpha Hydrox needs to expand more!

You're welcome!

Is it as effective as Dan's AHA? Or is better? Just asking. :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:58 pm

I'd say they're about the same, based on the ingredients list. Alpha Hydrox has a little stronger glycolic acid concentrations, too, up to 14%.