Notifications
Clear all

Tried Cetaphil For Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@nliu)

Posted : 02/13/2013 11:50 pm

Hey,

so I have been using Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I like it and its gentle but my face is extremely oily. It does seem to help with acne but I feel like my face is producing so much oil that it is clogging my pores. I wouldn't mind a little oil on my face but even 30 minutes after a shower my face will be really oily again. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and had good results with there acne, and oily face. Also my face is sensitive I think its due to the topical creams. (that I need for my pimples)

Thanks,

Nick

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:22 am

Some general guide lines[ that i have personally learned, followed, experienced] for oily skin are; if the skin has been dried out due to topical creams, harsh cleansing(both temperature wise and physical), or anything that has a drying effect the skin will put out more oil in order to compensate for lost lipids.

Your skin will appear to shell out less oil if you incorporate more water into your diet; it rebuilds the water barrier in your skin, therefore putting off the [above mentioned] oil output.

Skin appears to give off more oil in the event of eating artificially sugared foods (candy, etc) or many carbohydrates ( white pasta, rice).

Aside from my rant, yes I have tried this cleanser and I really do like it, its lotionizing and smooth. But it personally did not help me with the oil problem.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/15/2013 1:40 pm

Hi, I used cetaphil as well and I felt like it was lotion. And all us oily skin folks know that lotion can be scary. I switched to purpose bar and there was much less oil on my face. I don't have to wipe my face down mid-day anymore. It's great, you should try it!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 3:58 am

Hey,

so I have been using Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I like it and its gentle but my face is extremely oily. It does seem to help with acne but I feel like my face is producing so much oil that it is clogging my pores. I wouldn't mind a little oil on my face but even 30 minutes after a shower my face will be really oily again. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and had good results with there acne, and oily face. Also my face is sensitive I think its due to the topical creams. (that I need for my pimples)

Thanks,

Nick

Hello Nick,

I have oily skin and I use the Cetephil cleanser for Normal to Oily skin. Although lots of people on the boards have told me to switch to the gentle cleanser. Personally I like the cetaphil I am using and have used it for years, even using Dan's regimen I am still using Cetaphil. Oil is still an issue with me though. Oil blotting papers are my savior for this. I pat down my face gently with Clean and Clear oil blotting papers around 2 or 3 times a day. It takes the shine and oil out without making my skin dry.