Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl Vs Quinoderm

MemberMember
(@dawnith)

Posted : 08/18/2012 6:03 pm

I've been looking to start using BP again and I've narrowed it down to two products. Both have pros and cons.

Panoxyl - Pro: Comes as a gel, easier to apply. Con: Comes in 10% BP. Quite high when I haven't used BP for 5 years.

Quinoderm - Pro: Comes as 5% BP. Con: Comes as a cream and I've read that cream + sweating = white sweat.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to which product is better?

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 08/18/2012 7:09 pm

I decided to go for this, as I was having the same dilemma...

Acne.org 8 oz. BP 2.5% Treatment

Total including shipping from Amazon.com = 18.70, which isnt really all that much more expensive (about 3-4 by my calculations)... and its a big tube so should last a long time.

Took about 10 working days to arrive though.

MemberMember
(@waddup)

Posted : 08/21/2012 6:32 am

I just switched from panoxyl 2.5% to quinoderm 5% 4 days ago. So far it hasn't worked too well, I have had a minor breakout but am not sure if it is a coincidence and considering I have only been on the regimen for 4 weeks breakouts are likely to occur. Any others switched to quinoderm?

MemberMember
(@jakeuk)

Posted : 08/23/2012 6:00 pm

Ive moved from PanOxyl 2.5% to 10%. I know it seems alot more, but im a few weeks into using it now and I can't feel much difference. Im using a smaller amount than I did the 2.5% and im using a little more moisturiser, but in doing this, ive kept nice clear skin. At 3.50 a tube, I think PanOxyl 10 is now the best treatment on the UK market.

Haven't tried Quinoderm but I was put off by alot of people reporting that when you sweat it ends up looking quite creamy. As I do alot of sport this would be a big issue for me.

MemberMember
(@anewflame)

Posted : 09/08/2012 9:33 am

Funnily enough I have never experienced the white marks from Quinoderm.

Dawnith, I would not recommend any cream form of benzoyl peroxide. They rub off a lot easier, and can come off/absorb into your pillow when you sleep leaving your skin vulnerable and breakouts likely. Try and use an aquagel of some sort - 10% is definitely too high to start with though.

MemberMember
(@loftur)

Posted : 09/23/2012 6:50 pm

I tried Quinoderm once, and it didn't impress me. As far as i remember, it needs to be applied twice daily, while PanOxyl could be used only once; it's not that easily absorbed, and, most of all - it's not that effective, not to say worthless.

MemberMember
(@matt2013)

Posted : 09/28/2012 1:05 pm

I've just had to switch to quinoderm, from panoxyl, due to them discontinuing the panoxyl range. I'd be using the panoxyl 10 for a year and a half and it worked wonders for me and since switching to quinoderm 5 days ago i've started to break out like i used to before using the panoxyl 10. My skin now is quite unpredictable, meaning that in the last 5 days i've woken up in the morning to find a fresh spot appeared, whereas on the panoxyl i'd maybe get 2 spots/month and they'd build up pretty slowly so it would never come as a shock. Some people on the internet have said that whilst quinoderm does contain 10%BP its actually not quite as stron due to other ingredients being added however i spoke to a doctor and a pharmacist today and they both said that the concentration wouldn't be affected. However why can you apply quinoderm up to 3 times a day whereas panoxyl could only be used once a day?? I don't know why the quinoderm has caused me to start breaking out on my face and body because essentially it contains the same key ingredient as panoxyl 10.

Has anyone else pushed through the bad with changing to quinoderm and gotten good results? Please say yes :(.

MemberMember
(@anewflame)

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:23 am

I've just had to switch to quinoderm, from panoxyl, due to them discontinuing the panoxyl range. I'd be using the panoxyl 10 for a year and a half and it worked wonders for me and since switching to quinoderm 5 days ago i've started to break out like i used to before using the panoxyl 10. My skin now is quite unpredictable, meaning that in the last 5 days i've woken up in the morning to find a fresh spot appeared, whereas on the panoxyl i'd maybe get 2 spots/month and they'd build up pretty slowly so it would never come as a shock. Some people on the internet have said that whilst quinoderm does contain 10%BP its actually not quite as stron due to other ingredients being added however i spoke to a doctor and a pharmacist today and they both said that the concentration wouldn't be affected. However why can you apply quinoderm up to 3 times a day whereas panoxyl could only be used once a day?? I don't know why the quinoderm has caused me to start breaking out on my face and body because essentially it contains the same key ingredient as panoxyl 10.

Has anyone else pushed through the bad with changing to quinoderm and gotten good results? Please say yes sad.png.

Quinoderm tends not to work as well because frankly it comes off the face a lot easier due to it being a cream formula (as opposed to a gel that dries) - it's absorbed by cloth easier, it can be wiped off easier if you touch your face etc. I personally found it didn't work for me at all and I stuck with it for quite a while. I am quite shocked to read that you're on BP 10 - do lower concentrations not work for you? Honestly, I feel your pain about the Panoxyl, especially since there are not plans to reintroduce it but there are alternatives out there, you just have to pay a little more and do some research. And hey, this is not to say that Quinoderm definitely won't work for you!

I'm currently using Benzac as a replacement for Panoxyl and it works just as well if not better.

Hope it all works out for you.

MemberMember
(@mybeachhouse15)

Posted : 10/13/2012 11:54 am

I decided to go for this, as I was having the same dilemma...

Acne.org 8 oz. BP 2.5% Treatment

Total including shipping from Amazon.com = 18.70, which isnt really all that much more expensive (about 3-4 by my calculations)... and its a big tube so should last a long time.

Took about 10 working days to arrive though.

Hey there,

Did they charge you custom tax when you receive the item? They charged me when I ordered it 2 years back. :/

I have the same prob as everyone here. Pretty bummed when Panoxyl discontinued the 2.5%.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 10/13/2012 12:06 pm

Did they charge you custom tax when you receive the item? They charged me when I ordered it 2 years back. :/

No... I didnt have to pay tax. The 8oz tube is under the threshold. Done it twice, no problems.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/16/2012 3:23 pm

Quinoderm also comes in 2.5% and 10%. I have no idea what people talk about when BP creams show up white when you sweat. I've been using creams for the past 3 years and I've never had a problem like that. My guess would be that anyone who has this issue is applying far too much of the cream.

Has anyone else pushed through the bad with changing to quinoderm and gotten good results? Please say yes sad.png.

MemberMember
(@lionfish)

Posted : 10/22/2012 7:50 am

Funnily enough I have never experienced the white marks from Quinoderm.

Dawnith, I would not recommend any cream form of benzoyl peroxide. They rub off a lot easier, and can come off/absorb into your pillow when you sleep leaving your skin vulnerable and breakouts likely. Try and use an aquagel of some sort - 10% is definitely too high to start with though.

I never experienced the white face thing on Quinoderm either. I applied it generously (face and back) and rubbed it in really well...never noticed anything funny.

I do agree it comes off easy though, this is a downside as it does seriously bleach fabrics... my gym towel and shirt went a kinda pinkish colour from where the cream had obviously come off with the sweat.

Having said that, I still found Quinoderm 10% much more effective than DUAC gel the doctor gave me. Which is kinda odd since DUAC is a prescription med and contains an antibiotic and BP, vs just BP in the Quinoderm which you can buy over the counter.

I think it probably depends on skin type really..... trial and error is the only way anyone can tell what suits them individually. Quinoderm really dried my skin which was great as it is normally super oily, the gel based products were easier to apply but seemed to make my skin sticky and feel clogged; like it couldn't breath. IYKWIM.

MemberMember
(@jk1)

Posted : 10/01/2013 3:46 pm

Panoxyl facewash 10% was the only product ever to help my skin. When it was discontinued, I tried Quinoderm, but - as others on here have found - it was useless and I began waking up with fresh spots every morning. My response was to buy a 10% BP facewash online from the US and also when ppl I knew went to US, I asked them to bring me some back (over there, Clean 'n' Clear do a 10% BP wash, as do Oxy, as well as other brands. I'd particularly recommend Clean 'n' Clear, as it had a denser texture like Panoxyl).

I must say, I never found the BP creams that good; it was the facewash that really had a great effect. Also, if you're worried about cream coming off with sweat (tho' I've never known that), there's no chance of that with the facewash.

Btw, NOT saying that ppl with spots eat junk food, but I've noticed when I binge on crisps, my skin reacts badly (popcorn I've popped myself in a pan = good alternative). However, regardless of what I eat, I get spots if I don't use BP 10% facewash.

MemberMember
(@angel5)

Posted : 10/30/2013 4:36 pm

I'd go for the Quinoderm 5% cream. I used this for a number of years and it's as effective as the 2.5% BP solution however it does dry your skin alot more. I would apply the Quiderm at night and use a non-comogenic moisturiser such as Emu oil to combat the dryness.

In the day time you can add a 2.5% BP solution such as Panoxyl with a mattifying moisturiser