Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizers other than Dan's new moisturizer

MemberMember
(@luciac)

Posted : 06/18/2011 10:27 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have spent the past 2 months stressing over what to use instead of Dan's new moisturizer. The new moisturizer was colouring my skin (becoming yellower and yellower..) and making me break out because it was impossible to keep my skin moisturized.

I did try to use 3 pumps, then 4, then 5. But it just felt like I had 5 layers of moisturizer on my face, so I finally decided to go out on an adventure to find another moisturizer that worked for me.

I tried Clean & Clear's Dual Action, Spectro, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Nivea, Loreal and Audrey's Organics.

None of them worked as I either started getting whiteheads again or my skin started to dry out.

Then I decided to try Olay. I read a few posts about Olay's gentle formula, but I couldn't find it here in Vancouver. So, when I went to Walmart, I read the labels to find a similar one. I bought Olay's moisturizer for Sensitive Skin. It is in a white box with green marks on it here and there, and it comes in two sizes (I think 119mL and 160mL?). It cost me $9 before taxes at Walmart.

It spreads easily (it is much watery in texture than Dan's new moisturizer) and it moisturizes my skin very well. I'm not sure what kind of skin I actually have - oily + dry areas all over, but I do break out everywhere, not just oily parts. I'm convinced it's some alien type to make me suffer - I don't even think it qualifies to be Combination.

I use it twice a day, morning and night. I wear Covergirl's powder (for sensitive skin, green compact) on top and don't use any other make up other than eyeliner. I am using Dan's cleanser and BP still. However, I don't use 2 pumps of BP twice a day: I use BP at night, and use one pump.

I just thought that this might help others who are also finding Dan's new moisturizer unhelpful. Also, the shipping fees are rising pretty high, so I'm trying to replace Dan's cleanser in time as well. :)

Lucia

MemberMember
(@ppffffpp)

Posted : 02/13/2012 9:07 pm

I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I spent a long time trying to find a good moisturizer after Dan switched his. This is the best by far, although still not as good as dan's old formula. This moisturizer does moisturize very well but if its not rubbed in completely it will ball up during the day, more a problem for women as I only have it happen around where my beard grows in; the moisturizer is harder to completely rub in the stubbly areas (I am clean shaven but some small stubble remains after shaving).

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 02/16/2012 5:29 pm

hey im also from vancouver. i've tried this product called complex 15, which can be found anywhere from london drugs to shoppers drug mart and it was pretty good i thought. mayb you might want to check that out? i'm using dan's moisterizer at the moment because i feel that moisturizer caused me to breakout but im not 100% sure because im only 3.5 weeks in which breakouts can be cause from other things like initial braekout. There are people out there who suffer from dry skin an are on the regimen for awhile. i found a post that spoke about techniques this person used for 2 weeks and it helped reduce dry flaky skin. im trying that out right now. on day 1 of that. What you do is after you bp slowly and gentle and wait until COMPLETELY dry ( i find that when i wait a bit longer for drying, the moisterizer gets absorbed more easily). The next step is 1 pump dan's moisturizer with 2 drop jojoba oil. wait 5mins till completely dry! then another one pump with 3 drops of jojoba oil this time and completely dry. I never really had a problem of dan's moisturizer making skin yellower.

hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/03/2012 8:42 pm

im using cetaphil spf 15 and im thinking its not moisturizing enough for me either. its only been 10 days on the regimen though

i hear great things about CeraVe which I've seen at Shoppers

MemberMember
(@mrsuitntie)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:11 pm

I tried Cerave, IMO def overrated. Its one of those products where its like you know the ingredients are bad and it'll probably break you out, but people say its good regardless, then you try it and it makes you break out, and your like of course it made me break out... look at the ingredients.