Any Shaving Tips Fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Any Shaving Tips For Acne?

MemberMember
(@benny335)

Posted : 09/13/2015 4:30 pm

Does anyone have any tips for shaving with acne? One of my biggest problems is that even though I may not pick at the whiteheads, shaving obviously opens them up. I know that my shaving is causing the acne so I changed the way I shave to help prevent razor burn and it helped some but it still hasn't fully helped, much less keep from reopening the sores day after day. Plus, my face becomes very dry only in the areas that I shave. Even after moisturizing, it still dries out pretty quick. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@acneficent)

Posted : 09/17/2015 2:09 pm

Dont shave use trimmer.

MemberMember
(@tmontana)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:11 pm

Applying a preshave oil before your shaving cream will soften your hair and allow your razor to glide smoothly, minimizing the chances of irritation, nicks, or cuts. Use your shaving oil sparingly eight to 10 drops is all you need for a full beard. Massage the oil in gently against the way the hair grows. This is the only time going against the grain is OK, and it should be done with care. So take your time! Look for oils with natural ingredients like jojoba, argan, or tea tree. Oftentimes acne sufferers are scared of oils, thinking they'll cause more breakouts. This isn't true, and keeping skin moisturized is an important step to having a healthy complexion. Just be sure any shaving oil you use is noncomedogenic, meaning it won't clog pores.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/09/2016 1:19 am

Do not shave to the skin until you get your acne under control. The scars you could create from reopening wounds and infection, would be a lot worse than a shortly trimmed beard.

MemberMember
(@david-smith)

Posted : 06/18/2016 9:38 pm

I agree with above comments. You should treatment for acne first. And use trimmer for a time.