Upgraded To The Bum...

Notifications
Clear all

Upgraded To The Bump Fighter Handle

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 08/10/2015 8:26 am

A few weeks ago I went from the generic Gallant Trac II plus handle to the Bump Fighter handle and it is much better.

The extra weight of the handle makes shaving easier. I still get ingrown hairs which causes bumps but I am going to stick with the Trac II & Bump Fighter handle for a while.

Even though I'm getting some ingrown hairs I'm hopeful I will figure out how to avoid them. The electric trimmer I was using was also causing problems.

I use Dove White/Blanc soap to shave. This bar soap has 33% moisturizing cream.

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 08/11/2015 1:39 pm

No,I don't but am wondering if I am pressing too hard, I try not too. Also the curve at bottom of chin is tricky.

Do you ever shave against the grain?

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 08/11/2015 9:43 pm

Just shaved and i have just applied AHA to a new ingrown bump I see forming.
Really hoping it is improved by tomorrow morning. I will post an update.
Thanks for the infos.

I've noticed the same thing. Shaving my cheeks requires no pressing of the razor against my skin: the blades will do the work in this area. However, I have to moderately push the blades against the skin around my chin area so that the razor maintains contact. Just make sure that you shave every day so that you don't have to press as hard for a good shave. Also, it's a good idea to apply alpha-hydroxy acid after shaving to prevent acne.

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 08/12/2015 4:15 pm

^^Ah, okay, yeah I'm not sure the AHA did anything I will use it now and again as you suggest.

Thanks.