Roaccutane And Shav...

Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane And Shaving

MemberMember
(@jt94)

Posted : 02/28/2015 2:11 pm

I'm due to start a course of Roaccutane in a couple of weeks (one 20mg pill per day) and I've seen online/heard from my dermatologist that shaving and waxing etc can be an issue with dry skin and irritation. My face is already really sensitive and having to shave over consecutive days already causes soreness and irritation.

Does anyone have experience of taking Roaccutane and facial shaving? If so, how is it and how can it be managed?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@rottermanrex)

Posted : 03/01/2015 4:52 am

When my acne ( Prior to Roaccutane ) was cystic, all horrible and ugh. I never shaved using a razor, that's cringey beyond imagination. I switched to using hair clippers ( LOL ), but on a lower setting leaving only a few millimetres of stubble. If you do this slowly you will minimize irritation to the skin. I also felt a whole lot better about shaving and my acne, much more confident and tolerable. You'll also avoid piecing and clipping active acne, whereas a razor will likely cause damage.

In my experience breakouts occurred less using hair clippers, but then individuals vary.

Remember to moisturize for that dry skin too.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

MemberMember
(@billyborden)

Posted : 03/21/2015 2:52 am

These are due to some allergical problems, because you have been that kind of products. which have been caused to the allergical problems.