Clean Shave After 1...

Notifications
Clear all

Clean Shave After 10 Years!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/04/2014 3:33 am

I am getting once of two big pimples per month. My face is pretty much clear otherwise.

Thought that whatever bacteria of staph I might have might actually be hiding or growing in my unshaved facial hair.

I have not had a clean shave for the last 10 years or so. What a refreshing moment to see myself without any facial hair!

Scary as well because lots of hidden pimples or scars are now visible. I do look like a teenager!

But I'll keep it up. I am trying to take back control of my face.

Regimen:

Hot water over face and cleaning face with soap

Clean shave with normal 2 blades razor & soap (no shaving gel or cream yet)

Hot water to rinse and cold water to close pores a bit

Aloe vera gel all over face to moisturize

Let's see how that goes after a few weeks!

Anyone else had the surprise to find multiple pimples or red scars after shaving again?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/05/2014 2:16 am

I look good without facial hair. But so many pimple marks. And still have that huge zit that keeps refilling. Not sure what to do. Let it grow back? Anyone had a similar experience?

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 05/11/2014 8:58 pm

I rarely get zits where my hair grows. I have to shave for work so it can be rough. I shave Monday morning - thursday night then let it grow to protect my face. Try icing the shit out of that bad boy. I'll ice for thirty minutes at night (2 mins on 2 mins off). Seems to make some lasting reduction. Be careful not to over wash your face since the skin under your beard won't be use to being washed. Even if it is just water it can dry it out.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/16/2014 10:28 am

30 min of icing? Are you putting ice cubes straight on your face? Or using a towel in between?

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 05/17/2014 5:25 pm

I grab a plastic sandwich bag and invert it (inside is more sterile). I put 2 ice cubes in it and twist the bag until the plastic is holding the ice cubes tightly together and fold up the "tail" to use as a handle. Hold it to my face on and off for 20-30 minutes. I do something like 2 mins on then 2 mins off until the ice cubes melt. You can also put a paper towel ontop of the ice, (inside the bag) if your hands get too cold holding it. It's not an exact science so if your face starts to hurt don't keep holding the ice to it. Also, my ice cubes are similar to half an oval (not square) so I try and use the rounded side to minimize the amount of ice on skin and not on pimple.

Don't do this immediately before going to work or school. It makes the area around the pimple red unless you are a surgeon with the ice placement.

MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 06/10/2014 8:29 pm

For my latest shaving regimen, see The ultimate shaving thread Post # 90