Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid + Glycolic Acid + benzoyl Peroxide regimen

MemberMember
(@ihateacnesomuchpleasehelp)

Posted : 07/05/2017 4:57 am

I used differin for 3 months. It didn't work. So it is time to try something else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My plan: (Starting from 5/7/2017)

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning |BP + SA | BP + GA| BP + SA | BP + GA| BP + SA | BP + GA| BP + SA |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evening |BP + SA|BP + GA | BP + SA | BP + E + FM | BP + SA|BP + GA |BP + E + FM|

BP = benzoyl peroxide 5%
SA = Salicylic Acid 2%
GA = Glycolic Acid 10%
FM = Face Mask (Green Tea Face Mask)
E = exfoliate
Goals: Reduce breakouts + Fade Hyperpigmentation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I gather there are 4 main causes of acne
(1) Oil production (Sebum)
(2) Dead skin cells
(3) Clogged pores
(4) Bacteria

So I think to get rid of acne, the only way is to tackle the 4 main causes. All of them.
For (4), BP is effective in killing the bacteria, and It definately works on my skin, speaking from personal experience.
For (3), AHAs and BHAs (GA and SA) unclog pores, while GA can also help fade hyperpigmentation (I don't think it is as effective as kojic acid or other active ingredients tho)
For (1) and (2), I can tackle them by exfoliating and having Green tea face masks twice a week. I read some research and green tea can help reduce sebum production. Not sure about the efficacy. But (1) is never a big problem for me. My nose is the only area that is a bit oily sometimes.

I will also wear sunscreen everyday.

I think this plan wont help much with hyperpigmentation. That is why I am also considering having some chemical peels at a clinic.

Will keep you updated.

I won't include the products that I use. Don't want to promote any products.

MemberMember
(@ihateacnesomuchpleasehelp)

Posted : 07/11/2017 4:17 pm

Folks.... Just holy crap.

This works. Benzoyl peroxide with AHA and BHA really really works...

My skin got really irretated for a few days. kept peeling. It was really irretated. like some sort of sunburn.

but my hyperpigmentation became so much lighter !!!! And all the acne gone. Even the small ones !!!!

I used a product that hsa kojic acid + 6% AHA + 0.5 % BHA, and also benzoyl peroxide every morning and night. I find that easier.

And now my skin has never been better. Honestly..... I really thought it would take longer...

I always know benzoyl peroxide works. But now I realise, I need to use it generously. This is the KEY. Apply a thick thick thick thick thick layer. Then moisturize moisturize moisturize moisturize.

I can't promise it will work for you. but it works wonders for my skin.

Just holy crap. I am just writing this to help people who are suffering from acne. You don't have to trust me. but give it a try.

I think when you have acen you just need to keep trying different things until one of them works.