Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@megasauce)

Posted : 09/12/2016 11:41 pm

I was prescribed Accutane about 11 days ago and boy oh boy am I seeing results... but not good one yet lol

About 3 days into taking the medicine, I began to feel very dry lips and skin as well as developing small white heads on my face.
About 5 days in, I started breaking out in cysts on the right side of my face. As the cysts on the right side of my face began to get better and become less "active", I started to break out under my chin, on my neck and above my eyebrows in very painful cysts as well.
When I began Accutane, I was breaking out very badly along the lower right side of my face by my mouth. Since I've started taking Accutane that part of my face has actually cleared up quite well but unfortunately everywhere else has kind of blown up lol..
Tomorrow morning will be the 12th day of this journey and I just am hoping to get through this initial breakout stage soon and pray my skin begins to calm down because as of now it is very uncomfortable. I haven't been hanging out with friends or family as much, and I actually missed my sisters baby shower because of the pain the cysts were causing me.. I know I shouldn't allow it to affect my social life, but unfortunately I do.
As of today I am also experiencing other side effects as well. I am getting headaches throughout the day that tend to last for a decent amount of time, yesterday my back was hurting (nothing unbearable but hurting nonetheless), super dry skin (need to find some sort of lotion or moisturizer that is good for me) and dry lips.

Excited to see results and truly believe this will solve my issue with acne that Ive been battling with on and off for far too long.. Just wish it would work a bit faster.. but Im trying to stay optimistic. I will probably be writing a check in every couple days so if anyone wants to keep up to date with how Im doing and comment or have any advice etc.. feel free to comment..

- MegaSauce (The Sauce Boss)

Tretinoin liked
MemberMember
(@megasauce)

Posted : 09/13/2016 8:45 pm

09/13/16
Didn't plan on posting again today buttoday was actually a good day.. My spirits were high today for the first time in a while lol.
My face did not hurt nearly as much as the past couple days and under my chin didn't hurt as much either (thank god!). Got maybe one or two new pimples but they're actually kind of small and dont really hurt as of now. Hopefully I keep this up and the bumps start to go down!

- MegaSauce (The Sauce Boss)

MemberMember
(@megasauce)

Posted : 09/18/2016 11:19 am

Havent posted in a couple days but thats because things have been getting better and better !!
I have almost no active spots on my face, and Im actually confident lol.. The only thing is my skin is very dry and annoying sometimes but I can deal with that. Its really amazing how different my face looks and feels in a matter of a week. Im pretty sure that was the initial breakout and now that its calmed down im Feeling so much better. Gonna keep updating as time goes on but just wanted to write this small entry to tell anybody whos watching how much better Im feeling. If anybody is reading this and is on accutane and is experiencing the initial breakout, just stick it out.. itll calm down before you know it.. trust me, my shit was going crazy lol.

-MegaSauce (The Sauce Boss)