Notifications
Clear all

Fighting acne inside and out. Now.

MemberMember
(@louisecolette)

Posted : 08/29/2016 3:31 pm

Hi guys, so basically, I have acne. Fun right? No.
people always tell me "ugh it will go away it's just your age!" no. Just no. 
If it was going to go away it would've done so by now considering all the treatments and cleansing and water I've used up. Acne is like a cloud over you making you insecure and it makes you wan to hide your face and stay away from mirrors and lights that will show your oil and acne bumps. Yeah, ""it will go away! :)"" No. It won't. Or maybe... There's a way we CAN get rid of those stupid useless spots. Here, we're going to turn acne inside out.

i think we should start with the reason why they are there. Is it because you have a poor diet? You don't drink enough water? You don't wash your face enough/ wash it too much? Think back to all these things that could be causing acne. For us girls, it may just be out hormones (periods :/) but whatever it is fix it. 

Next, treatments. DO's: Do go to your GP and ask for professional help. You'll probably be referred to a dermatologist. These people deal with acne everyday and will know exactly want you might be needing and lacking. Do wash your face twice a day. Do take your vitamin tablets or take food supplements that support the normal function of skin. And do talk about it with someone. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THR WORLD WIL GET ATLEAST ONE PIMPLE IN THIER LIFE. I'm telling you, everyone will have breakouts no matter what age, skin type, no matter how well they take care of their skin . It's a fact of life. You are never alone

DONTS. Don't pick or squeeze your spots!! Ewwww I couldn't think of anything more goss than that! You are basically taking the bacteria out of that spot and putting it on the skin around it, therefore leading to more spots. Simple. And then you'll also have a scar left behind so yeah. Not a good idea Einstein! Don't use any home remedies that haven't proven to work aswell what the point taking the risk when they could make your acne worse? Don't touch your face with your hands aswell. you're spreading bacteria everywhere. 

Finally, have faith. I know it's gunna be tough and you'll want to cry but that will not help. That sounds like a stupid thing to say because it's pretty obvious but you're not doing yourself any good by having an emotional breakdown in front of yourself in the mirror. It's okay I promise! :) 

TIPS**
Put a few ice cubes in a erase label bag and hold them on an affected area on your face for about a minute but no longer. Move on to any other areas you may have that are affected by acne. This will numb the skin causing the blood vessels to activate I guess and the pimple should decrease in size. It worked for me Anywayss.

also the duac once daily gel that you can get from your GP. This gel has 5% benzoyl peroxide which is the best ingredient that will help acne in any treatment. Within a few days your acne should be happily clearing up. Be aware though that if you stop sing it for a period of time shortly after your skin has cleared up, your acne WILL COME BACK. If your acne has just healed then it  probably hasn't settled down yet so if you stop your treatment it will probably start creeping up on you again so continue to use gel until your GP HAS TOLD YOU ITS SAFE TO DO SO.

And finally, use 'bio oil' to get rid of any scars you may have.

okay good luck everyone, reply telling me your story and feel free to ask questions and leave any tips xoxo