Notifications
Clear all

23/F-Natural Products+BP (Pics of Progress)

MemberMember
(@ohdog)

Posted : 06/03/2016 4:37 am

Hello!

Never kept a log before but it seems like I finally have a discipline to do one. The pimples hurt and I'm aiming to clear this before I have to go to work next year and actually wear make-up (Would like to go as minimally without as possible), Also don't really want to e put on accutane if it can be helped.

Background: Acne is mostly on forehead and on the chin area. I've had the same ongoing problem since 15 but it has recently flared up with a vengeance after calming down between the ages 18-22. I was on the acne.org regimen when I was younger but found it kinda harsh. It helped keep the acne at bay but never cured it.

Type of Skin: Oily and Sensitive

Type of acne: Occasionally cystic. Mostly painful pustules. I think I have blackheads/whiteheads but I can never really tell. Hormonal in that I break out before my period particularly badly.

What I have tried with varying degrees of success :Acne.org (okay) Clinique line (I think the toner/fashwash made me break out)

Diet: Normal with a inclination towards sugar that's decreased through the years

After an unsuccessful switch to the clinique line I've decided to keep a routine that worked for me before, a gradual diet change and using natural products to see how we go. If this doesn't really improve in a month I'm seeing a dermatologist.

New Regime
Morning

Cetaphil Fash Wash
Clinique Moisturizer

Night
Coconut Oil to remove makeup if I'm wearing it
Cetaphil Fash Wash
Apple Cider Vinegar Diluted to tone (1 part vinegar,3 part distilled water)
Rosehip oil in cheeks/chin area on alternate nights (to even out skintone)
Bp 5% on forehead area
Clinique Moisturizer

Diet Changes
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink in the morning (1bsp diluted with water)
2.5L of water everyday
No coffee
No 'obvious sugar' (No cake,packaged products,fizzy drinks,sweet cereal,sweet spreads)

Supplements
Vitamin C 1-2x daily
SWISSE Woman Multi 1-1xdaily
Squalene Oil-1xDaily
Pictures attached of Day 1

03.06.16_censored.jpg

MemberMember
(@ohdog)

Posted : 06/04/2016 9:24 pm

Woo Day 2

An underground pimple that was developing was iced down. I have a new oncoming pustular acne that I couldn't stop. The two previous pastular ones I had from last week are subsiding.

13383953_10154022814401558_1021514680_o_censored.jpg

MemberMember
(@ohdog)

Posted : 06/10/2016 8:00 am

Old underground pimple coming to head very slowly.

New one is forming but otherwise nothing else

Day 3_censored.jpg

Underground pimple still underground but with pastule kinda visible.
New pimple is shiny and red.

Day 4_censored.jpg

Day 5
One of the pastule on the old pimple burst on its own.

The new pimple is coming to head very slowly.

Day 6_censored.jpg

Day 6
No new pimples.
Still nursing the two and neither have healed on its own yet.

Day 7_censored.jpg