Notifications
Clear all

Cavemen Regimen for comedonal acne + then use Azelaic acid for fading hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 05/18/2016 4:12 am

Nothing more to say, been at this forum for awhile, tried Differin, Benzoyl peroxide and many other stuff with temporary sucess,
and this time my regimen would be: 

No wash (dry shaving) + exercise every other day + No Products, No Water, No Nothing
Even though I tried not letting water run through my face in the shower, I still get a little bit water on the face while washing my hair.

18/5/2016 Day 1 - Mainly clogged pores and few dark spots
19/5/2016 Day 2 - Same, a little bit dry and flaky, not oily (exercise)
20/5/2016 Day 3 - Dry patch, flaky, two under the skin bump become red but not serious (Rainy day, no exercise)
21/5/2016 Day 4 - Same but a little bit oily (No exercise)
22/5/2016 Day 5 - Quite oily, and that two under the skin bump formed a head. (No exercise) - It's a shame that I said exercise every other day but not actually doing it...
23/5/2016 ~ 26/5/2016 Day 6 ~ Day 9 - Quite oily , did sports for a a few times and leave the sweat on my face without washing it.
27/5/2016 ~ 1/6/2016 Day 10~ Day 15 - Not oily, few whiteheads forming, some of them can be easily push out.  One active pimple healing very slowly at the moment, so tempted to squeeze it. :/
2/6/2016 ~ 6/6/2016 Day 16 ~ Day 20 - wow 20 days already! clogged pores are less obvious but still there.  That healing slow pimple formed a hardened whitehead but cannot be easily scrub off, so I leave it alone.
7/6/2016 ~ 13/6/2016 Day 21 ~Day 27 - I wash my face with water yesterday, feels great that I could wash my face actually. lol  My skin wasn't like other people, you know, I experienced no dead skin mask or flaky or anything like that, just a bit oily and generally smooths skin.  I have a few small bump at the moment and many hyperpigmentation left to fade.

End with totally hardcore Cavemen regimen - 

Updates would be using Azelaic acid starting from Day 27, and wash my face with water. 

As I heard that it is famous for fading hyperpigmentation.
I would start to apply it at night first, it is instructed twice daily, but the work that I do at daytime makes me sweats a lot, so right now I kind of avoid that.
My kind of hyperpigmentation are dark brown, occured from every single pimple even If I don't sqeeze it.  
And it could take at least months or even more than a year to fade on their own.

I'm a little bit nervous that if it could worsen my skin.  But i'm willing to take the risk to speed up the fading process, god bless me.

MemberMember
(@jayjaxjaq)

Posted : 06/01/2016 6:07 pm

Nice job! Today marks four weeks since I started going caveman. It has truly been the best thing for my face in the last year. I tossed all acne products, all supplements, everything that is supposed to "help" acne. For a while it seemed like nothing was really getting better, but in the last week there has been dramatic improvement. So if you're feeling like caveman isn't doing any good, just try to stick it out at least for the month!

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 06/03/2016 9:25 am

On 2 June 2016 at 7:07 AM, jayjaxjaq said:

Nice job! Today marks four weeks since I started going caveman. It has truly been the best thing for my face in the last year. I tossed all acne products, all supplements, everything that is supposed to "help" acne. For a while it seemed like nothing was really getting better, but in the last week there has been dramatic improvement. So if you're feeling like caveman isn't doing any good, just try to stick it out at least for the month!

Thank you for your reply!
Oh, 4 weeks for a dramatic improvement! Now I'm excited! : P I'm already starting week 3! One more week to go!