Notifications
Clear all

Accutane, come at me 🙂

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/20/2015 4:12 pm

what ingredient is irritating in lush ultrabland cleanser? xx

and nah i pick up the accutane from a pharmacy. I'm in England. I will deffo be more vigilant next time x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/22/2015 2:27 pm

Day 17- skin is pretty rubbish. Had an utterly gross painful yellowish spot on my lip all day yesterday which looked so awful. And have about 8 others. Maybe its my lush products :(

WIN_20151023_191436.JPG

WIN_20151023_191431.JPG

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/24/2015 8:29 am

Hey mama. Remember you are still VERY early in your treatment. I feel the same way a month into SPIRO. Keep in your mind that you will continue to break out for months and that improvement may begin to show by month 3. Things can also worsen significantly as it did for me on ALL my accutane courses. Surround yourself with love, positivity and people and things you enjoy.

Hugs

While on accutane it is hard to tell if a product is breaking you out as accutane does weird things to your skin. If lush is not irritating you and it is better than what you were using before, keep using it.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/24/2015 11:22 am

Hey mama.  Remember you are still VERY early in your treatment.  I feel the same way a month into SPIRO.  Keep in your mind that you will continue to break out for months and that improvement may begin to show by month 3.  Things can also worsen significantly as it did for me on ALL my accutane courses.  Surround yourself with love, positivity and people and things you enjoy.

Hugs

While on accutane it is hard to tell if a product is breaking you out as accutane does weird things to your skin.  If lush is not irritating you and it is better than what you were using before, keep using it. 

Thanks Leelowe, what was your dose and how long did your initial breakout last? Sucks that accutane didnt work for you overall. 
I changed cleansers even though i loved that one :'( i'm too paranoid that its the cleanser xxx

Day 18- changed to liz earle cleanse and polish and body shop vitamin e facial moisturiser. I'm hoping it will help. I was bleeding all over the place this morning. My boogers are also dry lol :( I kinda look good from one side of  my face and bad from the other. Though I don't have makeup on its a fairly flattering camera. 

WIN_20151024_224846.JPG

WIN_20151024_224713.JPG

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/24/2015 1:53 pm

all three courses were at 60 mg from start to finish. My IB lasted for a few months and then tapered off. My last course was awful and i never cleared up. But again, my case is not typical.

MemberMember
(@fightingagainstacne)

Posted : 10/24/2015 2:45 pm

The initial purge can be harsh. I feel your pain. :( I can assure you that this is the worst part, and that it shouldn't last much longer. Most purges don't last longer than a month or two. The ingredients in the lush cleanser(rose extract, extract of salt, etc.)are very irritating. If you like balm cleansers, I love the clinique take the day off balm. It is really soothing and didn't clog my pores!
MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/25/2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the advice guys i really appreciate it. I was wondering if you two had an increase in period pain on accutane? Mine is due and i get it really bad, so a bit scared.
Also have a derm appointment soon where she will increase me to 50mg. I feel like just taking 25 and pretending to take 50, the accumulative dose will be the same and less danger.

Day 19: Very achey and tired. Slept in the middle of the day. Then again my period is coming soon. My face is looking a bit better though i have some painful pressure so more acne is coming :( one plus point is my hair isn't oily :D 

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/26/2015 4:15 am

Day 20- skin is not good at all. Will post pics tonight when i get home .. :/ 

hmm it wont let me post pictures. Oh well

WIN_20151026_235833.JPG

MemberMember
(@gms08)

Posted : 10/28/2015 12:14 am

Your skin is definitely showing improvement in that most recent picture compared to the first one!

I have just started Accutane today. 20mg every second day for the first month. Have started a log too!

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/28/2015 5:21 am

Thanks x, i guess it is, i'm scared of another initial breakout when i increase to 50mg on tuesday :'( i might ask her for 40 instead, see what she says. 50 seems high.

Day 22- I'm mega tired today. Skin dryness doesn't seem so bad lately which is nice :) 

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/29/2015 1:22 pm

Day 23- still worried about increasing dosage.
Had a lot of leg pain today, and dry lips again, skin seems to be improving.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/30/2015 5:21 am

Day 24- period was vicious, so much pain i couldnt sleep. I do get it bad usually but maybe it was even worse than usual.
Skin bit better x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/31/2015 6:08 pm

Day 25- skin loads better. No makeup in pictures, though it is a flattering camera so the scarring is a lot worse in real life. Still pleased though. In suchhhh a dilemma about increasing dosage or not. Another initial breakout would kill me, as well as scary health dangers :(

12192873_10200941134287748_942092996_o.jpg

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/02/2015 5:54 pm

Day 26- Had derm appointment where surprisingly he allowed me to stay at 25mg which is great. Hopefully will continue to clear from now. It wont let me upload pictures which is annoying as my skin is actually better.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/04/2015 3:12 pm

Day 27- big painful spot coming. Dry patches showing. So impressed thatmy alarm didn't work this morn so I ran out the house on the third day of not washing my hair and it was fine. Got some 'embryollise' face cream and 'lanolips' lip balm, hoping they'll do the trick x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/06/2015 7:06 pm

day 29- had a hella lot of rage today. Really bad anger issues lol. Had my first drink on Accutane and felt pretty washed out and weird. Skin is doing better. Only threeish spots right now. Embryollise is a really good moisturiser for flakes

MemberMember
(@glhf)

Posted : 11/06/2015 7:17 pm

Those eyes O_O

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/07/2015 5:18 pm

Those eyes O_O

oh haha :P which pic you referring to? x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:22 am

Day 31- three mahusive spots by my mouth and a couple blackheads on my lip. Weird that the spots are in only one area. Bit sad about it cos they are so painful i have to pop them and now i'll be scarred on really obvious places. Such is life.

Found small amounts of blood in my poop today. Weird.

MemberMember
(@glhf)

Posted : 11/08/2015 5:19 pm

Those eyes O_O

all pics, just wanted to say your eyes are beautiful :D

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:04 pm

Those eyes O_O

all pics, just wanted to say your eyes are beautiful :D

N'awwww so sweet :) really nice when people compliment no makeup pictures

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/09/2015 10:16 am

Day 32- skin pretty bad. Lots of new outbreaks. Rubbish.

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/10/2015 5:31 pm

Day 33- skin slightly better but still well below par. Feeling achey during aerobics. Acne.org still wont let me post photos

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/13/2015 2:26 pm

Day 35- skin kinda average (better than pre accutane but not perfect) very very very tired today. Lips dry. Hair a bit frizzy x

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 11/15/2015 2:23 pm

day 36- enormous ulcer in mouth. and big spot on lip, dont know if acne or a cold sore