Notifications
Clear all

Washing With Water Only And No Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@jg27)

Posted : 06/09/2015 12:08 am

I am actually on day 4 at the moment. I start my day with a shower and only use water on my face. At night I do the same thing. I started on 6/5/15 and so far so good. I only have issues on my face and all of the acne I had before has started to dry up and the big bumps are getting smaller. I do have alot of scaring, so hopefully those will heal in time.

Hopefully I can last a full month. I want to see if this will make a difference.

I had normal/ok skin as a teen and before I hit my twenties. Like everyone else I had acne, but not even close to how it is now. It has gotten really bad over the years. I am now in my mid thirties and I have ran out of options. All of my relatives on both sides do not have any issues with their skin as adults. Both my dad and brother only wash there face with water and have a very nice complexion.

For me at least I have a feeling it might be all the cleaners and products I have been using over the years. Since my mid twenties I have been on antibiotics, topicals, and accutane 3 times. It was not until my early thirties that it started to get really bad though. I am sick of feeling the need to use moisturizer and walk around with super greasy skin. There are times I don't want to go anywhere when I have my really bad break outs. I'm a social person and like to be out, but when I have breakouts I'm not myself and try to hide.

My diet and lifestyle are pretty good. I eat good, but could do better. Sometimes I will go on a binge, but not often. I do drink alcohol, but lately I try to only on the weekends. One of the reasons I wanted to go water only is I do alot of training/working out. Normally after work I go straight to the gym. Those 8 hours of oil build up at work and all the sweating in the gym for a few hours might be the cause of it. Maybe throughout the day all that oil build up and working out at the gym or training just trapped everything. I would always shower and clean my face after working out, but would always find a something new. I usually use Cerave moisturizer, but the last few months I switched to Cetaphil. Same with the face cleaners.

I train at least 5-6 days a week, so this will be a very good trial run with water only.

I will try to keep this updated as much as possible. To really see if this will make a difference. If it doesnt then at least I tried and I did not give up.